Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Family Drama, Crap!

Posted by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 315 Total Views

I have a face book account, it helps me keep up with my friends & family out of state,.(I live 1000 mi. from them) like most FB ppl I post things I'm interested in. I happen to be a Wicca.  I posted a cute pic about Witches rights, and my niece's husband, on my DH's side of the family made a stupid sarcastic comment.

Yes. I am taking it for what it's worth. He knows nothing about the Pagan religion. He should research it as all the Christian Holidays came from the Pagans! He is the type of guy that thinks he knows everything, and always post political stuff, of which I don't reply to even if I don't agree, he lives for the argument.

What pissed me off was he made the comment in less than 2 seconds of my post, & his wife's brother made a post about Medicare, and killing all ppl once they reach the age of 60yrs old, including his parents! (funny NO ONE, made any comment about that from the family!) Except me. (I told this young man of 23, that he would feel differently if he was older)

THEN, this "nephew" sends me newspaper clippings thru FB about Ebay shutting down all the ppl that are selling anything related to Magikal witch type stuff, Tarot cards, etc.  WTH? He has no idea what I do or don't do, and if I did buy anything like that, I wouldn't buy it thru Ebay..LOL

thanks for letting me Vent!  Family, gotta love it!

planning a wedding

by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LFosterfarm
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 12:45 PM
1 mom liked this

family, already posted about that one!  Only talk to my sister!  I have a neice who is wiccan and actually am fully aware holidays are pagan.  don't get me started on that one, I could start a whole new load of shit! lol, but I also steer clear of FB unless I"m looking for something specific!  sounds like he's just flat immature and maybe needs a little lesson, I"ll slap him for ya!

redlady125
by Silver sister on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

YOU NO FAMILY THINK THEY CAN SAY AND DO ANYTHING AND NO ONE WILL SAY ANYTHING TO THEM JUST DONT PAY HIM NO MIND ,AND IM WITH MY SISTER ,LFOSTERFARM I WILL HELP HER SLAP THE **** OUT OF HIM ,YES IS VERY IMMATURE .

cuteoverload
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I play games on facebook.

mom22tumblebugs
by Silver sister on Sep. 2, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You can create groups and include certain people to be able to get certain status updates from you.

tomatoqueen
by on Sep. 2, 2012 at 8:52 PM
1 mom liked this

You can go to the sort option and omit his and other people's status updates. I have done that with people who post political crap.... I am fed up with many of the comments and this was my solution, that way I have not deleted them, but I don't have to put up with their crap.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Sep. 2, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Well, no I wouldn't cause its not my belief, but I most certainly would not be rude to you over it.. ppl all over the world have their systems in which they believe its what I believe God gave us as a choice in the word it says that he would want all his children to believe in him as the one true God!! However he does not force us !!

Many Christian's feel its their job to change your mind and others.. I don't think that way!! I think I can compel someone but I can't force them either.. but what I can do is be a friend not judge not be hurtful.. but love n kindness.. have to remember to that many Christian's are quite scared of pretty much everything!!! that's what I have found...

Theres always drama thou in all fams, hard to get away from it unless you totally cut off from them.. we are all entitled to what we believe in even if its wrong...
gr8d8n3mom
by Bronze sister on Sep. 3, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Quoting sunflowers12:

Well, no I wouldn't cause its not my belief, but I most certainly would not be rude to you over it.. ppl all over the world have their systems in which they believe its what I believe God gave us as a choice in the word it says that he would want all his children to believe in him as the one true God!! However he does not force us !!

Many Christian's feel its their job to change your mind and others.. I don't think that way!! I think I can compel someone but I can't force them either.. but what I can do is be a friend not judge not be hurtful.. but love n kindness.. have to remember to that many Christian's are quite scared of pretty much everything!!! that's what I have found...

Theres always drama thou in all fams, hard to get away from it unless you totally cut off from them.. we are all entitled to what we believe in even if its wrong...

Yes, there is always something going on in someones family, I'm sure.

I do my best not to judge others, I don't push my religion on others, I don't hold any one else's religious choice against them. Most ppl fear the pagan religion mostly because they don't understand it nor have they even asked me about it or read up on it. As with any religion there are good ppl and bad ones.

planning a wedding

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:35 PM

I am sorry that you are going through this.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM

yeppers I'm the same way I live far from most my relatives and a few good/old friends so I am facebook friends w/them.  My uncle is the worst on posting stuff that sometimes I have to "hide" it as it gets on my last nerve lol... HUGS

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:56 PM

Quoting gr8d8n3mom:

Quoting sunflowers12:

Yes, there is always something going on in someones family, I'm sure.

I do my best not to judge others, I don't push my religion on others, I don't hold any one else's religious choice against them. Most ppl fear the pagan religion mostly because they don't understand it nor have they even asked me about it or read up on it. As with any religion there are good ppl and bad ones.

Isn't that the truth!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN