Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

" You are Not the father!"

Posted by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 341 Total Views

I was doing homework and the hub was watching Maury. I would look up after the 100th time of hearing "So and so you are not the father!" First of all why take your business and place it on national TV and shame your family? Second of all if you test 5 or more fathers and you still need to test more then you really need to go check yourself because that is just not right.

My hub made a statement that I thought I would ask you all..

He said that when Maury keeps testing these different men that it puts doubt in these families and some it can pulls a innocent family apart all because the woman is sure and at the end that 110% turns into 0% and the woman runs off stage all in tears and screaming, the guy is dancing and yelling and the woman (if they bring one) is either yelling or in shock.

YOur thoughts??

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:28 PM

i dont understand your question...are you asking why they run off stage?...if so, i'd think they are embarassed

as for the guy dancing, i guess he's relieved....lol...

sarcasm

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Not really a question but the statement my hub made that he felt Maury keeps testing all these fathers and it can ruin some families.

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:37 PM

o, ok ...well i think it's best to get tested to find out the truth...on one hand it can ruin a family (emotionally),especially if they've grown to love, and are taking care of a child...  then find out that the kid dosent belong to them...

but i guess its best to know the truth...as far as jumping around on stage , they need to stop that ignorant shit, im sure they're relieved, but still have some decorum about yourself...

Quoting dana63:

Not really a question but the statement my hub made that he felt Maury keeps testing all these fathers and it can ruin some families.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:43 PM

Quoting shadenn766:

o, ok ...well i think it's best to get tested to find out the truth...on one hand it can ruin a family (emotionally),especially if they've grown to love, and are taking care of a child...  then find out that the kid dosent belong to them...

but i guess its best to know the truth...as far as jumping around on stage , they need to stop that ignorant shit, im sure they're relieved, but still have some decorum about yourself...

Quoting dana63:

I agree all children should know who their parents are but if momma is out playing around and the count gets pass 5 or more then someone needs to stop playing. And yes if they didnt get the answer they expected they need to compose themselves and stop acting the fool..

Come join 40ish and beyond for a Healthier you in 2012 www.cafemom.com/group/7446

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:49 PM

yeah and that testing every man on the planet is beyond ridiculous...after the 5th man isnt the dad...geez almighty

Quoting dana63:

Quoting shadenn766:

Quoting dana63:

I agree all children should know who their parents are but if momma is out playing around and the count gets pass 5 or more then someone needs to stop playing. And yes if they didnt get the answer they expected they need to compose themselves and stop acting the fool..

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Sep. 5, 2012 at 3:56 PM
I'VE ALWAYS USED MAURY TO TEACH THE OLDER DATER TO MAKE SURE THEY UNDERSTAND THIS COULD BE THEM IF THEY ARE NOT AWARE OF WHO THEY ARE DATING.

Quoting dana63:

I was doing homework and the hub was watching Maury. I would look up after the 100th time of hearing "So and so you are not the father!" First of all why take your business and place it on national TV and shame your family? Second of all if you test 5 or more fathers and you still need to test more then you really need to go check yourself because that is just not right.

My hub made a statement that I thought I would ask you all..

He said that when Maury keeps testing these different men that it puts doubt in these families and some it can pulls a innocent family apart all because the woman is sure and at the end that 110% turns into 0% and the woman runs off stage all in tears and screaming, the guy is dancing and yelling and the woman (if they bring one) is either yelling or in shock.

YOur thoughts??

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I can't watch it! It makes me want to scream!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I personally believe its all staged n that these folks are paid to act like they do in most cases.. I don't however doubt that they ppl are looking for the father of the child/ children I think this type if living is similar to having a cat that s gone in heat!! Not just once but manytimes in some cases... to the point who knows who the dad really is!!! The ones who get hurt are the kids always cause the so called adults haven't a clue how to act appropriately.. sad really...

But I do hope their able to still able to have a desent life that they can over come the odds !!
coolmommy2x
by Silver sister on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
I remember when Maury was respectable journalist.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Honestly if they don't want to ruin their families, they should not go on that freak show! And sleeping with some guy just because he glances her way is gross too. Never have I not known who my childrens father is. That's just nasty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)