Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What post or Topics do you shy away from?

Posted by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 301 Total Views

Are there topics on cafe mom or IRL that you avoid?  Do you like being controvery or being part of it?  Do you go for broke if they like it oh well if they don't so what?

For me I tend to stay away from sex, politics or religion topics?  I refuse to argue views or defend my POV with people I don't know.  IRL I don't shy away from these topics because usually I am around people I know and we like eacother regrdless or race, religion or political affiliation.  I might jump in a controversial topic give my opinion and back out. 

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzi960
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:51 PM

i stay away from political and religious posts.. it goes south really quick, even if the poster means well... too many different views and these  are topics that people feel passionate about, so they get heated quick..lol

AndrewsMomPDX
by Christine on Sep. 11, 2012 at 2:58 PM

I stay away from the FB reposts. I don't mind the religious or political posts because I try to keep an open mind and learn a lot about others.

LFosterfarm
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:33 PM
The only forum i really go to its here in 40ish and i try to comment on everyone post but sometimes i have to pull in the reigns so i don't step on toes or offend. We all know i can be quit blunt and sometimes aggressive but i do honestly try to be Good! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:34 PM

ugh... i hate those

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I stay away from the FB reposts..

KW1280
by Silver sister on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM

By being online things are taken out of context or misunderstood, lack of body language, and people can say some vile things.  I usually go to religion groups and read and reply there but not on a non religion board.

Quoting suzi960:

i stay away from political and religious posts.. it goes south really quick, even if the poster means well... too many different views and these  are topics that people feel passionate about, so they get heated quick..lol

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, sex is one and political stuff really personal issues such as open marriages in stuff.. stay away from certain types too.. typically its takes a few posts to make that decision but once I find certain tones used I just move away from the situation not because of fear just to defuse any silly immaturity...
KW1280
by Silver sister on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:43 PM

I think I might be the only person in the world w/o facebook lol

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

I stay away from the FB reposts. I don't mind the religious or political posts because I try to keep an open mind and learn a lot about others.

LFosterfarm
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:44 PM
The only reason i have one is for friends and family i don't get to see. I really don't like it at all. But pumpkin always sends me cute pics! :)

Quoting KW1280:

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KW1280
by Silver sister on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:46 PM
1 mom liked this

There are 3 groups i frequent usually I stay from the ones that are full of name calling and drama.  I like this group of course because you ladies have me cracking up.

Quoting LFosterfarm:

The only forum i really go to its here in 40ish and i try to comment on everyone post but sometimes i have to pull in the reigns so i don't step on toes or offend. We all know i can be quit blunt and sometimes aggressive but i do honestly try to be Good! Lol

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Sep. 11, 2012 at 3:57 PM

the couple hold outs I know have both opted to get a fb once they had a kid in college

Quoting KW1280:

Quoting AndrewsMomPDX:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN