Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Fun and Funny food combos!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM
  • 37 Replies
  • 651 Total Views

I love oatmeal, and also multi-grain, nutty hot cereals. I add a dash of the vanilla, cinnabon or sweet cream flavored coffee creamers (from the dairy) to them. MMmmm! No need for butter or sugar! Although I like those too once in a while! You can get some great flavor combos with the creamers and the variety of oatmeal flavors now, too.

Another mom I post with says her husband adds Strawberry Quick to pancake batter for strawberry pancakes. Clever! 

How about you? Any interesting, different combos we'd like to know about?shopping

by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catchup29
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:17 AM

I don't have anything fun...I do put mustard on my pizza.  And I put shake and bake on my mac and cheese and bake it.  

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hmmmm, I'll have to think about this one and get back to you.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I too am a mustard lover, I will put it on just about anything.  How do you put shake and bake on your mac and cheese?  Do you just pour it on?

Quoting catchup29:

I don't have anything fun...I do put mustard on my pizza.  And I put shake and bake on my mac and cheese and bake it.  

catchup29
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:55 AM
Quoting secondcup5:

At Christmas I dip my sugar cookies in mustard. So yummy!

I make my own Mac n Cheese, from scratch. When it's ready to be baked, sprinkle it on top, the garlic herb flavor and then bake. It's really good, I love my food crunchy.
maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Sep. 14, 2012 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Ranch dressing as the red sauce on pizza yum
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Sep. 14, 2012 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm always experimenting with meat loaf.  I add wine to my thanksgiving stuffing, and use applesause instead of butter.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Sep. 14, 2012 at 12:02 PM

Anything I bake I replace the oil w/applesauce, I dip my pizza in ranch, I eat chips (esp. doritos) w/cottage cheese and I put ketchup on my mac/cheese... I pretty sure there are a few other odd things or good things but that's all I can think of at the moment.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:10 PM

The oddest food combo I've ever eaten was tuna,peanut butter, and dill pickles on wheattoast with butter! And I was NOT pregnant at the time!! ~just craving some high protien.

~ AT 40-ISH & BEYOND #7446

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM

i put cinnamon and raisins in my oatmeal

used to dunk bread in my coffee...(my mom used to let me do that to her coffee when i was 4...lol)

klonkide bar with milk

broc. cheddar soup with applesauce

peanut butter on apples

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Sep. 14, 2012 at 2:46 PM

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting secondcup5:

At Christmas I dip my sugar cookies in mustard. So yummy!

I make my own Mac n Cheese, from scratch. When it's ready to be baked, sprinkle it on top, the garlic herb flavor and then bake. It's really good, I love my food crunchy.

Mustard on sugar cookies??!! My, my, my--you are ADVENTUROUS!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)