Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Started my Christmas shopping list!! (Am I nuts or what?? lol)

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:05 PM
  • 56 Replies
  • 962 Total Views

I know that it's a bit premature, but I started thinking about my Christmas shopping and started on a list.  I usually start shopping in October.  This year will be easier because I am mostly getting bigger items for my immediate family.  For my hubby, I plan to get him a new 32" flatscreen tv for his workshop.  My daughter wants a nice leather jacket and I always get her a special Lenox ornament.  And my son, not sure yet.  I will have to get ideas from him.  Most likely nice work clothes and a good bottle of cologne.  I was also thinking of an EZ pass for when he drives on the turnpike to visit with his girlfriend who is away at college.  Have any of you started thinking of Christmas yet or am I the only crazy one?   haha

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coffeegirl92
by New sister on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:27 PM
1 mom liked this

It is never too early for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I have started a list but no shopping as of yet.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Quoting coffeegirl92:

It is never too early for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!

I concur!!!  :)  It is one holiday that I have never gotten sick of.  Despite my kids being older (21 & 23), I still enjoy decorating, going out for a fresh tree at the tree farm, writing out Christmas cards, and shopping of course.........love all of these activities!!  The only thing that I don't do for the holidays is BAKE.  lol  But I do enjoy eating other friend's & family's homemade cookies.  ;-)

lil_mama06
by Debbie on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm thinking of it. And in a huge christmas swap. So racking my brains and going OH CRAP..lol

michellejenner
by Bronze sister on Sep. 17, 2012 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Not really, but the company I rep for is starting the holiday push. I'm actually going to be getting a table at a local flea market and sell small stocking stuffer type gifts.
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Sep. 17, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you! I have no clue what anyone wants this year!

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Quoting rosebud727:

Good for you! I have no clue what anyone wants this year!

Thanks!!  Figuring the gifts out is half the battle!!!  Shopping for something specific is easy........making the decision of what to get can be much harder.

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this
OH BOY HAVE THOUGHTS THAT TURNS INTO A NIGHTMARE. SANTA HAD ME CHAINED TO A TABLE WITH CROCHET HOOKS AND PILES OF YARN WITH ONE OF THOSE 20MILE LISTS LOL!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
valkay
by faithful sister on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this
I have already bought some gifts for the grandkids
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Sep. 17, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I have only been doing that DIY Christmas gifts posts thing for a few months now..so yeah it's on my mind almost nightly...LOL

It's my most fave time of year so I am looking for stuff year round that my family may like...great to find it on sale in March but killer to wait all year to give it to them LOL...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)