Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Started my Christmas shopping list!! (Am I nuts or what?? lol)

I know that it's a bit premature, but I started thinking about my Christmas shopping and started on a list.  I usually start shopping in October.  This year will be easier because I am mostly getting bigger items for my immediate family.  For my hubby, I plan to get him a new 32" flatscreen tv for his workshop.  My daughter wants a nice leather jacket and I always get her a special Lenox ornament.  And my son, not sure yet.  I will have to get ideas from him.  Most likely nice work clothes and a good bottle of cologne.  I was also thinking of an EZ pass for when he drives on the turnpike to visit with his girlfriend who is away at college.  Have any of you started thinking of Christmas yet or am I the only crazy one?   haha

by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Replies (51-56):
firelites
by Anne on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I shop on and off all year, I keep telling myself I am done for this year

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Dec. 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm totally done.  Bought and wrapped and hidden away till the 24th of December. All my decorations and my Christmas cards.  The only thing left is Christmas dinner. It's daq time at this household.

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:53 PM

Quoting cjcharlie1959:

I'm totally done.  Bought and wrapped and hidden away till the 24th of December. All my decorations and my Christmas cards.  The only thing left is Christmas dinner. It's daq time at this household.

I'm with ya!!  Although every time I go out to the mall, I end up buying more even though I am supposed to be finished!  lol  ;-)  But all of my gifts are wrapped, so I am in good shape there.  And I sent out 40 cards the first week of December.  I was cleaning today and will finish up tomorrow.  Then Saturday, me and the family will go out for our tree which we cut down ourselves at a tree farm right down the road from where we live.  So  I will be decorating this weekend and my daughter will help me.  Then the following weekend I will do more cleaning and shopping for our dinner food because I will be hosting Christmas dinner here for 13 people. 

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 13, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Uhhhh we just syarted. It is easy to buy for the littles, my 21 year old is much harder. Probably take him clothes shopping or something before he goes back to Alaska.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Dec. 15, 2012 at 12:06 AM

no

cuteoverload
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:42 AM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)