Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone lost a child before?

Posted by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM
  • 57 Replies
  • 1030 Total Views
1 mom liked this
I lost my 20 year old son due to a car accident on August 18,2012.... I feel as if I've lost my world!
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:48 AM
I am so sorry for your loss. I lost a set of twins at birth 21 years ago. Please lean on us and let the sisterhood lift you. Hugs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetmelissa39
by New sister on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:50 AM
Thank you! Our kids would have been about the same age... I'm so sorry for your loss as well!
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Sep. 22, 2012 at 6:52 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you! Anytime you need to talk we are here.

Quoting sweetmelissa39:

Thank you! Our kids would have been about the same age... I'm so sorry for your loss as well!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbcmom
by Bronze sister on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:12 AM
I am so sorry for you loss. I can not imagine what you are going through. My heart goes out to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SpiritedWitch
by Sister on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Our 22 yr old son died Sept 10, 2008 from complications of a long term illness. 

I'd like to tell that it gets better but so far I haven't noticed if it does. Aside from holidays, the two days that are the worst to deal with is the birthday and the anniversary of their death. 

Feel free to PM me if you like. 

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Sep. 22, 2012 at 8:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi Melissa, welcome to 40ish! I am so very sorry for your loss! I have not lost a child, I have 3, and they're all fine. I cannot imagine the grief you must feel!! Anything we can do to ease your pain, just vent away, anytime! welcomeim sorry

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Hey Melissa, welcome to the group. I have two boys 18 & 20 and I can't even begin to fathom the heartache if I lost one of them. All I can say is we are here for you...cry, sob, vent, laugh, scream or whatever!!! ((hugs)) my sister!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yupok
by Bronze sister on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm sooo sorry for your loss.  I lost one of my boys.  He, too, was killed in a car accident.   It's been 6 long years and I miss him terribly.  I think of him often and swear when he died, I could hear his laughter coming down the stairs.  Crazy?  maybe..but it helped through the first few months he wasn't here.  The first 3 years, the family would get together on his b-day at the cemetary and light a candle for him.  Now I light one at my home and say a prayer.  Embrace the good, funny, sad, bad memories..feel them with all your heart, he was your baby for 20 years.  And no one can take that away from you.

hugs  and God Bless

LFosterfarm
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 9:26 AM

no I have not, and I can't even begin to fathom how it must feel, I can tell you we are always here, and we are always willing to listen and give support when ever we can! 

manilowgal
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 10:27 AM
Melissa, I am so sorry! There is no way I can imagine the pain, loss, & grief you are feeling. We are here for you, to listen & support!
Hugs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)