Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...
I lost my 20 year old son due to a car accident on August 18,2012.... I feel as if I've lost my world!
by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:45 AM
Replies (51-57):
atlmom2
by Susie on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:15 PM

A friend of mine lost her dd in a wrong way car accident.  My dd's friend.  3 girls died and 2 were injured and the wrong way driver died also.  It is so sad to read the Mom's facebook.  I saw today that their son gave the parents a huge picture he had taken and put on canvas.  Her did died in early March of this year so it is the first holidays.  She would have been 21 late this summer. 

PinkDragonFly
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 5:37 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. I can not imagine what you are going through. My heart goes out to you.

kimberly161
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 6:02 PM

My son died March of 2004. He was 22months old. He died of brain cancer at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis

cuteoverload
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM

YES A SON

Welcome to SISTERHOOD

I am Margie

Age 53

Two sons 26 and 29

Three step daughters

and step grandchildren

mom2Pip
by Sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I lost a child to miscarriage about 26 years ago. It was very early on and it was over before I even knew I was pregnant. I still mourned that loss.

I lost my 20 year old niece to a car accident when my son was 2 months old. That was a horrible tragedy and one we still haven't gotten over. That was 8 years ago. I often wonder where her life would have taken her and would she have children of her own. All those kinds of things. I feel the most for my poor sister in law. Her only daughter lost in a tragedy that could have been avoided if she had only had a seat belt on.

I have lost my mother, grandmother,brother same age uncle, dear step mom and father is the last 5 years. Death has done so much damage to me. I am the only one left from my nuclear family. Thats very hard.

They say time heals all wounds but I dont think thats true. What I think is that we learn do live without the person(s) over time. We never forget but can eventually think of them without tears.

For me the hardest loss has been my brother. it is an event that I doubt I ever fully recover from. His birthday and death were in the last week and a half.

God Bless You!

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Aw, so sorry for your loss momma!! I have had one of my kids have some very close calls!! Thankfully she has made it through :)
srhea1000
by New sister on Jan. 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I had a daughter who died due to medical malpractice in 1993.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN