Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I've seen a lot of women lately, who have learned to embrace and love their gray hair. Have you gone back to your natural color after covering it up for years? (I'd love to hear how that process works.) Did you just let the gray come in naturally?

by on Sep. 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Replies (51-60):
hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:27 PM
1 mom liked this
IN YOUR YOUNGER YEARS YOU DREAD THEM. WHEN YOU GET OLDER YOU ACCEPT THEM BUT IF ITS ONLY A SPRINKLE THEN YOU ARE ON THE LINE. DO YOU RISK GREEN HAIR? TRYING TO FIND THE PERFECT BALANCE MAY BE A PROBLEM. BUT I EMBRACE MY GREY HAIR AND THE ELDERHOOD I HAVE EARNED. NOW I AM IN A GREATER PLACE OF WISDOM AND ADVICE.

ITS STARTED TO SNOW HERE AND NOW I CAN WATCH MY SON AND HIS SON. MY DAUGHTER WITH HER DAUGHTER. THE CIRCLE GOES ON.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pasteeater
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:02 PM
I don't have grey hair. I don't color it either. I have but not for a very long time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladyteejay
by Sister on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

I'm 46 and I don't have much gray hair at the moment (I may be bragging just a little haha).  The few that I do have are thick and clear.  I lighten my non-gray hair to blend it in so they don't show too much.  I could literally count all the gray hairs on my head right now tho.  Perhaps one day I will embrace the gray.

JKronrod
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I love my gray hair ....  as long as it's colored brown.

suetoo
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2012 at 6:32 AM
Love. Hate. Love. Hate.....I earned every one of the damn things. Great mystery of my life? Why do they look like hairs that belong "someplace else"?
themomof3boys
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM
I love my gray hair...never tried to hide it.
Deannie1258
by Gold sister on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM
Not ready for that yet maybe someday but not yet. Mines more sliverish looking ughhh.lol hugs Deannie
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jalikym
by Sister on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:52 AM
I used to but not when ppl think my 2 yr old daughter is my grandchild.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momcat437
by Awesome Rock Diva on Sep. 25, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Sorry, I'm still hiding mine!  I hate it--my hair is naturally black so I'm compromising with a darkish brown.  I want to look like my hubby's wife, not his mother! (no offense to his mom, of course)   : )

kathym101
by New sister on Sep. 26, 2012 at 8:42 AM

I've highlighted my hair for years, but there's this one really annoying patch of gray right by my forehead that is so hard to hide.  Through my friend's suggestion, she told me about a product, a pill that you take called Go Away Gray that supposedly prevents gray hair.  I am not endorsing any product but I've been taking it for 3 months and I swear that my natural hair color is growing in on my regrowth hair instead of gray.  I'll check back in another month with an update.  It has something to do with putting an enzyme catalase back into your system because it depletes as we age and that's what keeps the hydrogen peroxide in our bodies from running wild and bleaching our hair from the inside out.  That's what I read.  All I know, is that for me personally, my hair is tied into how I feel about myself and my gray hair makes me look and feel old.  I HATE my gray hair and I will continue to fight it every step of the way!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN