Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

How often do you.... or when was the last time you....

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 229 Total Views

went out of your way to find a manager to complement an employee or filled out a customer service card to complement an employee.

It seems that most people have no problem taking the time to complain... but so few seem to take the time to complement.

Today at the market they were out of the particular brand of milk I like to buy.  A similar brand was there but a whole dollar more.  I have always been of the mind that it never hurts to ask.  There was someone in the freezer re-stocking.... so I opened the door and asked them if the brand I wanted was handy and if she could simply hand me one gallon.  She went above and beyond and found it for me. SO nice of her.  I made sure to fill out a customer service card... they were surprised that I took the time to say something nice.  I found their surprise a sad comment on how people are today.

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manilowgal
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM
That is sad that they were surprise at a compliment. I do gripe a lot but I often get the name of people that help me & let the manager know. What aggravates me is sometime the manager acts as though I'm wasting their time. Then I want to report them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 3, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this

This is the best perk of living in a small town, the above and beyond is the norm here.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:00 PM

I do take the time to let the manager know if one of their employees goes beyond the call. I dont eat out but my 6 yr old wanted something while we were travling. We stopped at a Jack in the Box and all she wanted was an egg. The manger made her two eggs the way she wanted them an only charged me .25. I made sure that I let his district manager know when he walked in. He was shocked but was told the next time I mad a point to stop by if anything was said and he sai No they dont say anything when a compliment is given only when something negative is said.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:01 PM

I agree with this statement.

Quoting secondcup5:

This is the best perk of living in a small town, the above and beyond is the norm here.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:33 PM

At Shaws were I do my weekly grocery shopping they have a survey thingy on the bottom of the sales slip. I usually always fill it out. I did it one time and the guy at the deli got employee of the week because of me! He was thrilled and so was I. It's always good to let managers know how their employees are whether good or bad.

I do the same thing in restaurants.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:07 PM

I actually emailed corporate for a guy that went out of his way to change my truck tire (I was wearing a dress) a few months back.  Other than that I haven't really had a reason to do it but I always try too.

LFosterfarm
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:34 PM

ok sit down for this!  I actually don't complain unless it's really bad, and I hardly ever complain to managment.  I will however always always give compliments and kudos to anyone who has gone above and beyond or something nice, or anything like that.  In instences like this I really don't like complaining or being rude, unless they are.

dawn080759
by Sister on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:37 PM

I did it yesterday flying home after being gone for a few days for a funeral.  Flew U S Airlines.  The service of the ground people in New was horrible, then I had to change flights in Philly the  only one who I could get to answer my questions was a lady who drove one of the golf carts to get eld erly people from one gate to the other.  Because of how the gates in Phlly are I had 30 minutes to get from the f gates to the b gates.  which included taking a bus to transfer you from one gate   to the other.  Of course the gate for the connecting flight was the last gate in b. with 10 minutes left to get to the gate  when I ask how to get to the gate she told me to get on and gave me a ride.  when we got to the gate I asked who her boss was.  I found the guy he was by my gate and told him if I ever fly U S Airlines again it  would be  because of that lady.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:45 PM

awe... you ARE a sweetie arent you.

Quoting LFosterfarm:

ok sit down for this!  I actually don't complain unless it's really bad, and I hardly ever complain to managment.  I will however always always give compliments and kudos to anyone who has gone above and beyond or something nice, or anything like that.  In instences like this I really don't like complaining or being rude, unless they are.

LFosterfarm
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 10:47 PM

hush Jen, I have a reputation you know! lol

Quoting sahlady:

awe... you ARE a sweetie arent you.

Quoting LFosterfarm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)