Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I just found out that my son posted a question concerning my relationship on a forum

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what he posted.

"My mom who is in her mid 40s is in a relationship with a guy who is apparently in his early 20s. Their relationship is merely based on sex from what I can tell. She wears low cut tops and short shorts when she hangs out with him. i moved out of the house as i'm 19 years and need to attend college so I don't know what's up with her. Is their relationship considered normal? And is her clothing unusual in any way? Do I need to interfere?"

What he said is entirely true but there is no need for him to intefere. I can't imagine my son interfering in my life and dictating me. So, is there a need to confront him and discuss this issue with him or is he just going to get over it eventaully?

by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 8:48 PM
Replies (21-28):
cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:09 AM

two things come to mind.

1. he thinks he's protecting you?

2. He's uncomfortable about the situation.

Either way I'd bring it out into the open and find out what is going htrough his head.  Maybe he knows somehting you don't and if he does it probably doesn't know how or if he should approach it. 

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:25 AM

Quoting sahlady:

What a wonderful boy! He loves you , he cares, he is concerned, and he holds you with more respect than he feels you are demonstrating. His heart obviously hurts. Don't you dare " confront" him... That word has a negative connotation. He did nothing wrong. He obviously has a moral concern here. LISTEN to his concerns.

Very good points here~!

cuteoverload
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:52 AM
APJrzy
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Your son is concerned, especially since he is out of the house and at school; that's a great feeling!  With everything you see and hear on the news, honestly I would feel happy about my son being concerned.  He may have used the wrong words, but he is expressing concern for your well being.  Listen to his concerns for you as you would want him to listen to your concerns for him.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:18 PM

Na, our grown kids are entitled to their opinions and whatever, but its up to you what you wanta do with your life.. i think many times our grown kids see a different side of us they didn't realize was there... when they are faced with it it kinda forces them to see things from a different perspective.. he may just be concerned, but as you said there's no need for it.. its sorta sound like the kid trying to parent you in a way... if it gets to where he is confronting you however remind him your grown he is you dad, appreciate the concern, but your a big girl and can take care of your self.. that all i would say..

happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Since you said he told the truth then why confront him?? Maybe he wants you to be yourself and acy your age,, it must be embarassing for him to have moved out.... Sorry but when my mom dates she acts like a Barbie doll,,sick to watch...All teehee and act like she is 13.

Metteba
by Sister on Oct. 10, 2012 at 6:18 PM

The big question is "Do you look good in those kinda clothes?" If so, you go on with your badself....We all need a 'friend'...if your into each other thatz great, maybe your son is Jello?? IDK or Care.  get your own mama....

cuteoverload
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 10:46 PM

I am sorry you are going through this

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)