Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I know I have a short temper...

Posted by   + Show Post
And I know things make me angry that most people just deal with. But my SIL drives me nuts!! She knows me, 4 years now. She knows I hate girly things. Nails being done, hair, typical girl time. She is always inviting me to the most asinine things. (To me)

She just emailed me a link, saying, you want to go? I immediately got mad before I even clicked on the link. Sure enough it's a flea market given by Johns Hopskins. The ad said thousands of dresses, shoes and high end clothing pieces.

Nightmare for me, total nightmare. How does she not understand me!!!

Yes, I've told her I don't like things like that. She sees me at least once a week. Nothing about me says Fashionesta!

Uhg!
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Replies (11-15):
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:49 PM

LOL...sorry but your post was most amusing! How about just saying something like this, "I hate that stuff!" and kind of loud but not in a way that your yelling at her?

firelites
by Anne on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:00 PM

if she is a hoarder, she may not have many friends. or at least those she trust to come in her house and around her property, also she may be looking for an enabler to the compulsive buying and spending  since you've been allowed in her house and in her life she may feel your one of the few she can trust and just wants the female companionship as a sister in law  wish I could give you a better insight

Good luck with it

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:30 PM

(wrote this before reading others)

Have you thought that maybe she just wants to spend time with you, get to know you better and just wants a "tag along"?  You would give her an honest opinion on what she asked about right?? Have you asked her to go somewhere you like? Or just to lunch....

girlsclubmom
by Bronze sister on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I still think its nice for her to invite you - just say mo thank you its not my type of thing.

BL2010
by BL on Oct. 5, 2012 at 3:30 PM

Maybe she just wants to spend some time with you.... Do the two of you ever do anything together? Does she like anything that you like? If so, maybe you can suggest something else.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)