Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I found this very annoying... would you?

Posted by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 168 Total Views

first let me say I am all about customer service, loyalty, and just good business practices.  I will drive miles out of my way and/or be willing to pay more for the exact same service if I think that I am supporting a well run, honest business or for excellent customer service.

That being said... I think this was a crock of poop.

For the senior year book photos which look EXACTLY like the freshman, sophomore, and junior photos we were required to make an appointment, pay $12, and GO TO THEM.  WTH?  I could understand if they were doing something special but the photos have the same stupid back ground, same silly pose, the only thing different is that they touch them up.  So WHY do we have to have this inconvenience and pay (granted it is VERY minimal) for the annoyance of it all????

Just got back from the studio.... what a crock of poop and waste of time.  Why couldnt they have simply done this when they took the photos for the student IDs?  It is the SAME back drop!

by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
happygolucky106
by Wild Black Stallion on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Its all about money and they know parents will pay it cuz its SENIORS pictures...

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:26 PM
Sorry fellow mom with a senior! We were given the op of having them done at the time of the id taken, find our own photographer with a deadline when it had to be in to the yearbook teacher, thank god there were two teachers that take pics on the side as we went with one and went to a local park to take them! For the yrbook photo, re touch amd rights to 15 of the photos was 160 and they turned out great! Maybe your seniors school wanted them all to look alike! My dds took a whole group shot on the bleachers the day too! Boy being the moms of the class of 2013 sure is a learning experience! Hugs have you paid for announcements,cap and gown and all ( my dds was over 400$) yikes
SnapIt
by Bronze sister on Oct. 5, 2012 at 8:29 PM
Wow
If they were taken in the same manner as all the other students, they should not have charged extra.
They shouldve been different since they are senior pics to stand out
I guess the charged you for the studio usage
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Every school handles things differently. When my daughters were in high school the year book was and still is the same for everyone.

Senior pictures however are not the same for everyone, those are usually nice quality photos by photographers that specialize in that kind of work.

The school has a preselected list of approved photographers for the yearbook photo only. If you can't afford photos, no problem they have the photographers come to the school for the yearbook photo and the cost is nominal, $5. Or you can go to their studio and have it taken.

Some people book sessions with the photographers and some use someone else for photos of their seniors that they want to send to family and friends, but they must use the approved photographer for the school yearbook photo.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Quoting rosebud727:

Senior pictures however are not the same for everyone, those are usually nice quality photos by photographers that specialize in that kind of work. - senior photos are up to the individual... these were strictly year book photos.

The school has a preselected list of approved photographers for the yearbook photo only - here you do not have a choice, if you want your photo in the year book you have to go to THIS photographer.  The $12 is only if you want the photo touched up (blemishes and such)... other than the touch up the photo is EXACTLY the same as the younger classes.

Some people book sessions with the photographers and some use someone else for photos of their seniors that they want to send to family and friends, but they must use the approved photographer for the school yearbook photo. - we had her "senior photos" taken by a different photographer mainly because I do not like this fellas work... it is very "sears" like.  Also I simply could not support him because I do not like the business practice.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:26 PM

Quoting SnapIt:

If they were taken in the same manner as all the other students, they should not have charged extra.  They charged the $12 for touch ups... you could take the photo and not pay the $12 but you would still need to make an appointment and go to their studio

They shouldve been different since they are senior pics to stand out
I guess the charged you for the studio usage  
The ONLY thing different is the size of the photo in the yearbook

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quoting mrgetinold:

Sorry fellow mom with a senior! We were given the op of having them done at the time of the id taken, find our own photographer with a deadline when it had to be in to the yearbook teacher, This is for the year book we HAVE to take them with this photographer... our senior photos are up to us.
Boy being the moms of the class of 2013 sure is a learning experience! Hugs have you paid for announcements,cap and gown and all ( my dds was over 400$) yikes  wow... already?  I guess I best look into that.  I have no idea what it costs or when they will ask for the money.  I dont know if Im going to get announcements.

cuteoverload
by on Oct. 5, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I don't understand it either, my oldest son went to Walmart.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)