Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Man, I just saw a sad commerical.

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 239 Total Views

This lady was calling her son's friend and was looking for her son.  Both boys were late by an hour.  So the mom kept texting the son trying to find out where he was.  Then they cut to this horrible accident.  The boy was in the driver's seat and another boy was thrown from the car.  At the end it said "Don't text or call your kids when they are driving".  It was so sad and it just broke my heart.  They are really pushing anti texting here.  There are a lot of commericals.  They are hard to watch.  Another one was three teens in a car and the driver was texting, and of course not paying attention.  A mom and a little girl were walking across the street and they cut away, but obviously they hit the mom and child.

One time when I was getting my son from school and a girl was pulling out of a drive way and she was texting and came within inches of hitting me.  I hit my hand on the car because she wasn't stopping.  She's lucky I didn't hit her car with my son's clarinet dolly!  It was scary.

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Last week I was in the school crossing walk and the guard put her hand up for me to stop. I looked and a woman was going fast in the school zone and she was texting not paying any attention.

They say it takes one second to read one word of a text to end it all..

LFosterfarm
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:31 PM

it's like the drunk driving campaigns, we are the leader in drunk driving accidents/deaths in the country, but it still doesn't stop them, every single night on the news there's a new story of it, and every single time I go some where, someone is on that phone texting!!!  pisses me off!

cuteoverload
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Quoting dana63:

Last week I was in the school crossing walk and the guard put her hand up for me to stop. I looked and a woman was going fast in the school zone and she was texting not paying any attention.

Most accidents happen around the corner.  That was a sad commercial.

pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM

A couple years back there was someone who would speed up through the cross walk.  We lost two kids, one crossing gaurd was hit but not seriously injured.  Another broke her leg.

At that same time I was walking my son to school.  We were engrossed in whatever we were talking about.  A truck or suv came speeding down the road and hit a small dog!  My son clung to me and was screaming MOMMY!!!!  I had NO car, No money and No phone.  Thank God someone was there who could take care of it.  But I tried and tried to flag someone down to help me and most people said "it's just an ******* dog!" Someone took it to the vet and he came out ok and that family kept him.  Our schools are huge.  That school had almost a thousand student.  Our High School is over 2000 kids.  When they were hitting people on purpose there were hundreds of kids.  Oh!  We did see a kid get hit.  The mother was across the street and too damn lazy to walk 50 feet.  She called the kid and the kid went and was hit.  She wasn't disabled.  I had seen her around a lot.  But every day she got out after that.  Her son wasn't hurt terribly bad.  It was just scary.  The people hitting the kids and guards never were caught.  It was sad.

Quoting dana63:

Why123
by Nancy on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:02 PM

They made texting and driving against the law in Ohio and the penalties are stiffer if you are a teenager.

pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:11 PM

It's illegal here too.  I just doesn't stop every one.

Quoting Why123:

They made texting and driving against the law in Ohio and the penalties are stiffer if you are a teenager.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:17 PM

It is also against the law here along with talking on your cell while driving.

pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:39 PM

We can't drive and text either.  Even though the Governor's wife has been caught doing it.  Way to set an example!  And we can't talk.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:42 PM

yep texting is against the law here too..  $300 fine to start...

Have you seen the ad with the girl saying she killed her sister with a text... I know they are trying to make a point but they really bother me.  If I need to text I give the phone to dd and tell her what to type or pull over.... I see people doing it all the time and it drives me freakin BATTY...

pasteeater
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I think I've seen that.  They are very harsh.  I hope they get the point across!

Quoting starlight1968:

yep texting is against the law here too..  $300 fine to start...

Have you seen the ad with the girl saying she killed her sister with a text... I know they are trying to make a point but they really bother me.  If I need to text I give the phone to dd and tell her what to type or pull over.... I see people doing it all the time and it drives me freakin BATTY...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)