Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Need some advice/suggestions about my rabbits

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 188 Total Views

I have two rabbits. They are both about 4 years old. When we got them, of course, they were babies. My kids loved them, played with them, etc. Well, now they are older. The kids and the rabbits. One rabbit is really active and angry. She is angry because nobody ever plays with her and nobody plays with her because when they do, she scratches and pees. The other one is like a lap dog. She is so sweet. You can literally take her out of her pen and she will sit next to you for hours. The problem is, nobody has time to spend with them anymore. My daughter is in college and my son has never been big on pets. He was bitten once when he was younger and now he wants nothing to do with any pet. They need a better home. They need to be where someone has more time to play with them. I've called rescues and they don't take rabbits. Humane societies normally just want dogs and cats. My only other option is to put them on Craigslist. I know someone will take them, but, then I run the risk of someone not treating them right. I don't know what to do. Any ideas?

by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
BL2010
by BL on Oct. 11, 2012 at 3:41 PM

Oooh, I don't know... Check with your local Cooperative Extension 4-H people.

keljo05
by Kelly on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:11 PM

have you googled rabbit rescue organizations specifically?

hau_siyoka
by Doll Baby on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:29 PM
MAYBE YOU CAN DONATE THEM TO A PETTING. ZOO!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterflyFree67
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Hello. Yes, I've googled the rescue people. There are some rescues out there, however, they are so full to capacity that they won't even consider taking in my two. 

manilowgal
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 4:55 PM
Poor babies...wish I could take them. Sounds like craigslist or freecycle are your best bets.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

if you put them on craigslist, but put small rehoming fee, and include their stuff with them you have a good chance of finding them a good home, usually if they are willing to pay for them they are willing to take care of them properly, make sence? 

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:55 PM

maybe call back the rescues and ask them for referrals?  Also try your local high schools and see if they have 4H??

good luck

cuteoverload
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Charge $25 for any pet and post it anywhere online for free craigslist, domseticsale.com, ebay.com

ButterflyFree67
by on Oct. 11, 2012 at 8:36 PM

All of you have great ideas. Thank you so much!! I will def be trying some of these tomorrow. Hugs to you all. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN