Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What a thoughtful girl!

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 133 Total Views

So...Han's dad finally confided that he's going to remarry soon and she'll have a stepmom and stepsisters. She told me she thinks it's weird that her BFF will be her step sister. I didn't tell her that this girl only became her BFF because their regular play dates were actually grown up play dates between her dad and the girl's mom! Instead, I told her that at least she and the girl like each other, and wouldn't it be bad if she was forced into a situation where she had step siblings she didn't like...

She also said that she wants me to be happy and she loves Kurt, but if I marry him some day she's worried her dad might feel replaced and that would upset him. I told her that I'm not sure I'll ever marry Kurt, but he loves her, and I love him, and if we do get married one day, he won't even try to replace her dad. Hopefully her dad will be happy that she has another wonderful person in her life, just as I feel it's great that her dad chose a lovely person who is a good mom and who isn't going to replace me, but who cares about her and will be a good addition to her life.

I hope I took the right approach! Thoughts?

by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM

You said it perfectly!! As a step child we had the benefits of both worlds and had twice the love and because my parents were friends we were able to go to each others homes without fights and being uncomfortable. If you and your EX along with Kurt and your Ex new lady can all be friends then the girls will live by that example and the blessing will be hugh..

suzi960
by on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM

i think you did great sue...as always : ))....

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:12 PM

That would be great, but I can't guarantee that Dana. I like and respect Tesha, but Les (my ex)  despises the very thought of Kurt (and me at this point). And I'm not too thrilled to see his face, so IDK if that will ever happen. For Han's sake I'll suck it up, but will he do the same? I'm not sure.

Quoting dana63:

You said it perfectly!! As a step child we had the benefits of both worlds and had twice the love and because my parents were friends we were able to go to each others homes without fights and being uncomfortable. If you and your EX along with Kurt and your Ex new lady can all be friends then the girls will live by that example and the blessing will be hugh..

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM

Bless you, Suzi!!

Quoting suzi960:

i think you did great sue...as always : ))....

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Oct. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this

yep agree with Dana... you did just fine!  Coming from a divorced family and marring a divorced man w/a child I can wholeheartedly say that!!

My family was good to each other but my dh's ex was the devil incarnate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)