Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Christmas Presents...

Posted by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 336 Total Views
1 mom liked this

OH my, I thought I was the only one having issues with my mom and dad buying everything on the kids wishlist. Everything I had planned to buy them my mom has already gotten. My younger sister called tonight and said she was having a hard time coming up with things to buy her girls because Mom and Dad had gotten most of it. I guess I'd better hurry up and get the DS and trampoline before my parents change their minds and get that too.....

Man I need to come up with new ideas now. :( Any thoughts for a girly 7 year old and a tomboy 4 yr old who likes cars and tinkerbell and a 2 yr old?

yellow ribbonTill they all come home.....

Erika

by on Nov. 10, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like your parents are being helpful. I would ask the girls what their #1 wish is and then go from there. My suggestion if you rather your parents not buy everything on the list then only give them only half the list and ask them to respect you so you can buy as well.

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:51 AM

These are your children and what a blessing for you.  Enjoy these years because they are treasured possessions.  It is wonderful that your family is so helpful, but did it spoil your plans?  I hope not.  For me, that would have been a blessing because we did not have the income.  Hugs and enjoy those holidays.

LFosterfarm
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

well ya just gotta get a little creative.  you're parents sound like a blessing, don't try to compete with them, you can fill in with all the santa stuff and then put a few things under there from you guys.  I would say go to a toys r us if you can and just simply browse and soak it all in so you can come up with other ideas, then hit different stores for others.  I personally wish I had this problem.

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Nov. 11, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Don't get me wrong I'm thankful for my parents help since we are a one income family(and contrary to popular belief my Army husband doesn't make a lot of money). They did buy some stuff that we were planning on getting but #1DD asked for a Nintendo 3DS so now something for #2 and the baby.
proudmother5946
by Sister on Nov. 11, 2012 at 1:16 PM
My daughter is down to one grandparent. And that grandmother will not buy her a Christmas gift. However she has surrogate grandparents who will step in this year. She's 13 and really hasn't asked for a lot. I got her a camera so she can take photos of surfers. Also some books. My brother will give her a telescope. I love Amazon.com. I just order and they deliver it.
cuteoverload
by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 6:11 PM

babies are easy.  ANything

rmebrat1020
by rmebrat on Nov. 11, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I know I could just give her a box.

Quoting cuteoverload:

babies are easy.  ANything

yellow ribbonTill they all come home.....

Erika

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Figure out where you want the boundaries

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 23, 2012 at 6:45 PM

Work it out This could be a wonderful year

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 10:21 PM

ASk them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)