Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Giving thanks to those who have served or currently serving

Posted by   + Show Post

On this Veterans day please take a second to thank those who secured your freedom so you can walk freely and have freedom of speech. You might not agree with what these brave men and woman have to do but you can thank them for making you safe.

Thank you to all that have or is currently serving in our Armed Forces you are true heros and deserve to be thanked, respected and honored.

I thank my Bio and my step father for serving two wars, my husband who also served and nephew who is currently serving and all the men and women who gave their all including their lives..

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Nov. 11, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Replies (21-26):
angduse1
by bouncyDuse on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:16 PM

Here is a Salute to our Armed forces.. I do one much like this

every year at my church... Just different order....Not sure where

I got the different order but I like mine a little better.. of course

I have a CD.. not a Grand band.and it is just me singing.. But I give it

my all.. and they always like it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLO0J-v77wk&feature=related

[IMG]http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n169/marcondaslou/troops.jpg[/IMG]

angduse1
by bouncyDuse on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:17 PM

[IMG]http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h89/nascar8grl3/TROOPS.jpg[/IMG]

Ang

beach40
by Sister on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Quoting LindaSapphire:

I served in the AF, along w my father and brother who is currently serving.   My s/o served in the Army and his son is in the National Guard.   I thank anyone who has served w my whole heart, I know the risk you took and the sacrifice you have made.  THANK YOU!!

angduse1
by bouncyDuse on Nov. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

Quoting beach40:

Quoting LindaSapphire:

I served in the AF, along w my father and brother who is currently serving.   My s/o served in the Army and his son is in the National Guard.   I thank anyone who has served w my whole heart, I know the risk you took and the sacrifice you have made.  THANK YOU!!

I want to Thank you for your Service as well.. THANK YOU>

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Nov. 13, 2012 at 3:12 AM

I couldn't have said it better, Dana. Everytime I pass the Fort Logan Cemetary, I find myself saluting all there whom we have lost, to be free.

My family has served in the armed forces for 5 generations, with the 6th ( my nephew) beginning next year. My great -great and then Great grandfather served. My grandfather died in WWII, my father was shot in Vietnam but survived, my brother served in Iraq / Afghanistan and emerged uninjured. I tried to join the army in 1991, to use my Registered Nurse skills and help the wounded, But, to my humiliation, I failed the hearing test :(

I am already grooming my 2 young boys, age appropriately, that when our country calls, we go serve. They know every male in our family has done so.

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:19 AM

Thank you to our military

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)