Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I wonder if there's anyone else like me out here :-)

Posted by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM
  • 53 Replies
  • 630 Total Views
2 moms liked this

Hello, I am 41yrs old on my second marriage. I have two children from previous marriage, ages 24 and 23 and have 1 child with my new husband age 1yr and I am pregnant with my fourth kid.

My first marriage began at the tender age of 16 (it was a shot gun wedding). We had two children and I was a victim of domestic violence for 9 years then I finally found the strength and courage to get the heck out of there.

I met my new husband 6yrs after my last, the boyfriend/girlfriend relationship lasted for about 6 1/2yrs when he proposed and I said yes. We moved to Upstate New York Feb of this year, it's a new enviorment for me, I am originally a Downstate girl and am having a hard time fitting into my neighborhood. I found this site via google and glad I did so and look foward to meeting and learning from others.

by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Nov. 16, 2012 at 3:59 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome to 40ish! I'm sure you'll find a lot of women just like you. :-)

terbear328
by New sister on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:02 PM

I agree. I started all over too. My youngest is 5yrs old.

Mahagony Diva

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

WELCOME.. I guess the closest I've been to where your at is "I've lived in upstate NY" ;o)... either way, you'll fit right in... Jump in and have fun.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:39 PM
Welcome! I lived in upstate NY and it was a cultural shock to me as well. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emilouie8711
by Sister on Nov. 16, 2012 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah, big time cultural shock. We moved to a farm, I use to wear 3/4 inch heels and now I wear mucks...lol

my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Welcome to the group! It is so different to have a young adult and little ones too.My kids are 14 yrs apart , they are 19 yrs and 5 yrs.Congrats on the little one and new baby on the way! That is so exciting!

roxxyt
by Roxane on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group, you'll love it here. The women are great. Sorry for the culture shock but it doesn't sound all bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Oregongirl40
by Sister on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:09 PM

I am 41 with a 22 and 24 year old and am currently 11.5 weeks pregnant! This will be our first bio child together married 21 years. I live on the west coast though and prefer the country over the city any day!!!

BabyFetus Ticker
emilouie8711
by Sister on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM

Thank you. I am starting all over again. Oh I forgot to mention, I am a grandmother of three too. My older children have children that are older than my newest one....lol. Instead of me passing hand me downs to my children, its my children who are handing me theirs...lol

manilowgal
by on Nov. 16, 2012 at 5:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! Look forward to getting to know you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN