Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

put on your thinking cap...2

Posted by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 410 Total Views

what happened on your first day of kindergarten?. do you remember your teacher's name...classmates?

high school principal?

gym teacher?

college professor?

by on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kam013
by Bronze sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Mrs. LaRosa, our Kindergarten was in a trailer as the school was only a 1 room school house.  

I met 3 of the my best friends in life, to this day we are still friends.  One of them lives in Atlanta now, but the other two are still nearby.  We still get together once a month for girls lunch.

High school Principal was Mr. Wassel, he left the school the year after I graduated.  The Vice Principal, Mr. Brooks was still there 20 years later when my DS graduated from the same high school.

Gym teacher was Mrs. Fratus and Mr. Littlefield.  Mrs. Fratus is still there, Mr. Littlefield retired several years after I graduated (with his Daughter, we're still friends) and passed away just last year.  

College professor (for my major) I didn't care for and I don't even remember her name.  I do remember others, but none made an impression on me like the teachers from my younger years.

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I remember my highschool gym teacher's name--Mrs Fauchs.  I could probably remember the the others if I thought about it for a while.

College professor---jeez, there were so many and I remember many of their names.  Some were great others not so much! LOL

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:31 PM
Mrs.koeneckie ( her dh was the town vet) then 1st grade mrs johnson, 2 mrs huewett, 3. Mrs howell ( her dh was the principal in jr high) 4th grade mr, wooldridge 5 mrs. Osterly 6 combo mr. Hellcamp, mrs. Livingston and mr. Kasza
Went k-12 with carmen, aaron, brad there is a website i cant believe arent still alive now very sad
shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 6:55 PM

great memory of the past teachers...sorry about  the friends that you've lost:(

Quoting mrgetinold:

Mrs.koeneckie ( her dh was the town vet) then 1st grade mrs johnson, 2 mrs huewett, 3. Mrs howell ( her dh was the principal in jr high) 4th grade mr, wooldridge 5 mrs. Osterly 6 combo mr. Hellcamp, mrs. Livingston and mr. Kasza
Went k-12 with carmen, aaron, brad there is a website i cant believe arent still alive now very sad

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Nov. 17, 2012 at 7:32 PM

My kindergarten teacher was Miss Parker.  I remember she was young and pretty and so nice!  

I don't remember my high school principal 'cause I never got in trouble (make that, never got caught lol) and sent to him.

My gym techer in jr high school was Mrs. Bessemer.  She was ok.  But here's the one thing I really remember and you are all gonna think I'm aweful, but oh well, I guess I am.  lol  When we were in 8th grade she had baby and when he was a month or so old she brought him to school to show him off - and he was one of the ugliest babies I had ever seen!  He had a peanut shaped head (as God is my witness it was peanut shaped) and buggie eyes, was mostly bald and pasty white.  He wasn't a sick baby or had anything wrong with him, he was just plain NOT cute.  I remember all the girls in class cooing and fawning over that baby and I just smiled and thought "Damn"  

I remember most of my college professors, but one that stuck out was a priest who was also a professor and taught a class on philosophy and world religions.  I thought it was very cool that while his work and personal belief was based on the bible and the Catholic church, he was so knowledgable about other religions and philosophical schools of thought.  

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 8:00 PM

lol...peanutty head and buggy eyes, girl please that crap is too funny...sheesh, i hope mrs. bessemer isnt on cafemom...sidesplittinglaughter

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

My kindergarten teacher was Miss Parker.  I remember she was young and pretty and so nice!  

I don't remember my high school principal 'cause I never got in trouble (make that, never got caught lol) and sent to him.

My gym techer in jr high school was Mrs. Bessemer.  She was ok.  But here's the one thing I really remember and you are all gonna think I'm aweful, but oh well, I guess I am.  lol  When we were in 8th grade she had baby and when he was a month or so old she brought him to school to show him off - and he was one of the ugliest babies I had ever seen!  He had a peanut shaped head (as God is my witness it was peanut shaped) and buggie eyes, was mostly bald and pasty white.  He wasn't a sick baby or had anything wrong with him, he was just plain NOT cute.  I remember all the girls in class cooing and fawning over that baby and I just smiled and thought "Damn"  

I remember most of my college professors, but one that stuck out was a priest who was also a professor and taught a class on philosophy and world religions.  I thought it was very cool that while his work and personal belief was based on the bible and the Catholic church, he was so knowledgable about other religions and philosophical schools of thought.  

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I didn't go to kindergarten. That went fab too! LOL

Sweet_mouse
by Sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:17 PM

good lord...i can barely remember what i had for lunch today....

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Nov. 17, 2012 at 9:26 PM

lol...thats why you have to put on that thinking cap...

Quoting Sweet_mouse:

good lord...i can barely remember what i had for lunch today....

shadenn766
by Platinum sister on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:04 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN