Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just saw Magic Mike and................(Don't open if you haven't seen the movie and plan to)

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 251 Total Views

I really didn't like it! The concept of the movie was that of a life of a stripper I get that but I felt there was no plot and it went from one extreme to the other.

Ok the only good thing was the great looking guy bodies and the dancing....

Tell me your likes and dislikes of the movie...

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
turtle07
by Bronze sister on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:40 PM
I was very disappointed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 18, 2012 at 1:46 PM

Quoting turtle07:

I was very disappointed

I was too and had to laugh because "Tarzan" never danced just walked on stage.. LOL and Matthew turned me off and the last scene his "dancing" made me laugh and even my DD said that she wouldnt have left a dollar... LOL

I hear there is a Magic Mike 2 coming out, is this true??

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:05 PM

I didn't see it (my mom/sister did) as to me it was just something to show off Channing Tatum/Mathew McConahey (spelling?).  I like them both as actor's but this just wasn't an 'acting' movie LOL...

laird6372
by on Nov. 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM

I just watched it yesterday. To me, it was more of a movie for horney women than an actual story. I even told my husband as much. lol. Yes, Channing Tatum looked delicious (when doesn't he?!), but there wasn't a really story line......

marinesfeeding babyteen girltoddler boytoddler girl
Proud momma of 4 kids, three of my own and one who didn't grow in my belly but has taken over my heart!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 18, 2012 at 4:26 PM
I waited for a plot and there was none.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Nov. 18, 2012 at 6:50 PM

I didn't expect a good story and there wasn't one. I wanted  more dancing and songs.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Nov. 18, 2012 at 10:29 PM
2 moms liked this

You ladies crack me up - it was a movie about male strippers, did you truly expect a deep plot??  lol  

I took a friend to see it and she sounded like you ladies - "The dialog was terrible." "There was no plot." and I said "I went to see a bunch of half naked men dance - I got what I paid for!"  

wink 

2Birds1Stone
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:55 AM

I have no desire to see it. I don't get a kick from watching male trash, or female trash acting trashing for money. It almost feels like prostitution. Even when I was younger, was never into it. But maybe it was because I always had the real thing, I was always with gorgeous, well built men. My husband is pretty damn fine too. 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

You ladies crack me up - it was a movie about male strippers, did you truly expect a deep plot??  lol  

I took a friend to see it and she sounded like you ladies - "The dialog was terrible." "There was no plot." and I said "I went to see a bunch of half naked men dance - I got what I paid for!"  

wink 

LMAO!! Yes we got what we paid for... LOL.. We got strippers and fine ones at that and dancing... Point taken Momma Johnnie!! LOL :)

hargonagain
by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM

My Mom and I watched it last night and yeah, I thought the same thing.  Don't get me wrong, I loves me some Channing Tatum, but I was like, okay, why the lame story line?  I think they should have cut all the drug dealing crap and just stuck to the strippin', lol!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)