Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Lincoln...the new Movie....

Posted by   + Show Post

poster

Has anyone seen this yet?  I am really wanting to see this movie..I did several reports on him growing up and the movie looks fascinating..

Look forward to reading/hearing about any reviews on it!

See Y'all in the Posts!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Replies (11-12):
catchup29
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:11 AM

I am an avid Civil War buff...(um nerd).  LOL  I visit Gettysburg several times a year and there isn't much I don't know about Lincoln, so I will definitely go see it.  I'm just wondering if they will portray the real story, all of it.  He didn't free all of the slaves, and that it was mostly for political gain that he did what he did.  Its like Christopher Columbus, he gets the attention for discovering America, and people over look the fact he wasn't really looking for a new land, he was slave trading.  

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:55 AM

first it's a Spielberg film so you know that it will be as true as he can, second I have heard a lot of people saying that it's as true as it can be and that this film will most likely be used in educational circles for it's accuracy.. So, I really hope it is!

Quoting catchup29:

I am an avid Civil War buff...(um nerd).  LOL  I visit Gettysburg several times a year and there isn't much I don't know about Lincoln, so I will definitely go see it.  I'm just wondering if they will portray the real story, all of it.  He didn't free all of the slaves, and that it was mostly for political gain that he did what he did.  Its like Christopher Columbus, he gets the attention for discovering America, and people over look the fact he wasn't really looking for a new land, he was slave trading.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN