Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do You Have Black Friday

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 237 Total Views

shopping plans or a list of must find deals?

No judging on my part, but I don't feel like dealing with the madness this year. In fact. I won't be around to deal, which is fine with me. Rachel and I have gone Black Friday shopping in years past, but not with any particular list or intent. I'm not one of those who camps out on Thanksgiving (or even earlier) at places like Best Buy to get the big deals (although I know people who have and even intend to this year; no judgement). I like shopping, and my budget is limited, but so is my time  and energy.

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
catchup29
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this

I've only shopped once during black friday but it didn't seem worth it to me.  This year we are going to one place, Bass Pro Shops.  There are some clothing I want, and a gun DH wants that is an incrediable deal. 

doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this

I never go shopping on the Friday after turkey day.  But I do need to buy some things on line.

secondcup5
by Proud Canuck on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:47 AM

I will not be going this year, I have in past years but too much extra expense for me(I live in Canada).  I have always had a very good time going with the girls but this year I have opted to stay home and be the babysitter.toddler tantrum

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:48 AM

When I first bought my house I needed a vacuum and scored a fabulous online deal on a Shark on black Friday. Online deals can be great - and I love my Shark!

Quoting doodlepuss:

I never go shopping on the Friday after turkey day.  But I do need to buy some things on line.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Nov. 21, 2012 at 7:49 AM

Aww...I'm sorry you don't have the opportunity to go when you want to : ((

Quoting secondcup5:

I will not be going this year, I have in past years but too much extra expense for me(I live in Canada).  I have always had a very good time going with the girls but this year I have opted to stay home and be the babysitter.toddler tantrum

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I do but it's not shopping. My sister is coming up for the day/night and we're going to make cookies.

manilowgal
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:41 AM
1 mom liked this
I avoid it like the plague!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:43 AM

My daughter's do. I don't want to get up that early. I have most of their stuff shopped for. Other stuff I need to get is online, which I need to make sure to do this week.

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't even go out later that day to get groceries. If we are out, it can and will wait until Saturday. 

mom2priceboys
by Sister on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:56 AM
1 mom liked this

We have gone for a few years to wallys but we live in a small town and it is more of a social event. This year I am thinking of going to OldNavy (in Chico) - anybody done that one?? And yes, I will also do Wally's at 8pm for the $78 bedroom tvs and the $150 xbox

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)