Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

I'm in the middle of

Posted by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM
  • 7 Replies
  • 105 Total Views

Cooking.  I want everything cooked by tonight so that tomorrow all we have to do is put the foods in the slow cookers and sterno pans and relax.  DH prepped the pies last night.  All we have to cook tomorrow are the turkeys.

All of a sudden my feet feel wet, the damn sink drain backed up and came apart.  The rubber seal dry rotted.  I''m on my knees, have about 10 towels, cleaning the mess up, using duct tape to rig this thing, and stiring my mac n cheese to melt the cheese.

Step Son comes in all dressed, car keys in hand, says "what are you doing".  , um really, "whats it look like I'm doing".  

He says, "ok, see you later" and he leaves. 

Are you fuckin kidding me?!  I'm getting more angry typing this.  His ass is grass when he gets home from work tonight.  He isn't due into work until 3pm, he is going to go hang out with his gfriend.  She could have waited a few minutes!

(I let him go because had I started talking to him, I have no doubt it would have gotten really ugly!)

by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
firelites
by Anne on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:26 AM

it's not a holiday without crisis, I had a flat tire on my Nitro yesterday

catchup29
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:33 AM

Quoting firelites:

it's not a holiday without crisis, I had a flat tire on my Nitro yesterday

OH we are having our share that is for sure.  Son in law lost his only set of car keys.  Had a new one made for $250 and it still doesn't work.  We are shuffling rides and cars until he can get it towed on Friday to see whats going on.  (DD and him rent the in law quarters house from us).  

Sorry about your flat tire.

BL2010
by BL on Nov. 21, 2012 at 9:47 AM

Uh oh... He's in BIG trouble!

LFosterfarm
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:13 AM

shit at that rate I would have started launching the wet towels at him and yelliing something along the lines of you sorry little bastard!!!  ok but back to reality, it was probly best letting him walk away, no need to be in jail for turkey day!  and if you're making anything really yummy save me some for later!!! :)

cuteoverload
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:29 AM

I am sorry you are going through this.  Hugs

catchup29
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM

Quoting LFosterfarm:

shit at that rate I would have started launching the wet towels at him and yelliing something along the lines of you sorry little bastard!!!  ok but back to reality, it was probly best letting him walk away, no need to be in jail for turkey day!  and if you're making anything really yummy save me some for later!!! :)

I couldn't take it anymore, as I'm slaving to make everyone's Thanksgivng good, including his, I texted him and said, "Hey dickhead, next time I'm standing in a middle of a mess and you leave me high and dry, I'm ripping your face off".  He apoligized and asked I wanted him to come back and help.  UM, no, and if he had asked while I was in the middle of it I probably would have said no, but at least ask, and he has been told that dozens of times.

He keeps getting me mixed up with his mother, how deserves that treatment. 

Ah, I feel better.  LOL

LFosterfarm
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM
Lol well I'm glad you got it off your chest more move on to baking me something yummy, i Mean. them! Have a great day!

Quoting catchup29:

Quoting LFosterfarm:

I couldn't take it anymore, as I'm slaving to make everyone's Thanksgivng good, including his, I texted him and said, "Hey dickhead, next time I'm standing in a middle of a mess and you leave me high and dry, I'm ripping your face off".  He apoligized and asked I wanted him to come back and help.  UM, no, and if he had asked while I was in the middle of it I probably would have said no, but at least ask, and he has been told that dozens of times.

He keeps getting me mixed up with his mother, how deserves that treatment. 

Ah, I feel better.  LOL

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)