Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

how do you handle this

Posted by   + Show Post

how do you handle when you give your hreat to someone and they say they care, they act like they like your son, act like they are tring to be with you but they are tring to keep you safe for the life they live. but then they just stop talking to you after 21/2 year and text you to not call or text them, rigth after you text him happy thanks giving. someone please how do you handle that....

banging head into wallslap

by on Nov. 22, 2012 at 9:52 PM
Replies (21-30):
smile357
by Linda on Nov. 23, 2012 at 7:13 PM

I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I know that everyone says they would want an explanation but I guess I've just become the type right now that my basic opinion is that its his loss. It will take time but you will move on and find someone worth your time.

lynked
by sister of the year on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I'm sorry but if someone did that to me and said he was just trying to " protect me," I'd run forthe hills....fast...and never look back.  Sorry friend, just saying.

sunflowers12
by Silver sister on Nov. 23, 2012 at 9:52 PM
All you can do is control you.. you can't control what others do!! You can mame ppl want to be with you or treat you the way you want to be treated... Even when you have gone through firey hoops to show how you feel... Best you can do is move on and realize you tried the best you could..
Sorry though wish things were better:/
bergencounty
by Silver Sister - lp on Nov. 23, 2012 at 10:09 PM

You handled the situation appropriately. Hope your son is not affected.

Now that the turkey has left your life, I hope a nice guy comes into your life next..

Quoting msg64: cell # and e-mail deleted from my stuff 5 mins after l got text out of my head too bad with #

lilyjames2
by on Nov. 24, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Make sure you go on with your life and not ponder on it.  It'll be hard at first but he's the one that doesn't know what he's lost and you need to make sure your kids are happy and doing things.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Nov. 24, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

if you have been dating the person for 2.5 years your lives must by now be intimately entwined..... after dating that long you must be very familiar with his family and friends, and he with yours.  Do they not have any idea what has happened?

mightymo
by Bronze sister on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:25 PM

i know its hard but don't let him play you ,these guys always try come around again after they do whatever it is that they were doing ,plus what class he has to text you to tell you not to call , thats not a real man

msg64
by Sister on Nov. 26, 2012 at 1:01 AM

his friends and family are tring to get me now too talk to him they told him that he needs too talk too me and now he want to talk. he said been a bail bondsmen put he in harms way and he worired about that with me and my son. will i told them to tell he to go to hell i can keep me and my son safe without help from him and have a good live and his lose not mine.....sticking out tongue

Dqnana
by Sister on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Sounds like you had a VERY lucky break from someone who is VERY flaky!!! The thing you need to do right now is to try and minimize the impact on your son, who may be deciding in his own little head that the disappearance of this guy is somehow his fault.  Forget yourself for a moment ... make sure that your boy knows that HE is all you need to make you happy, and that the guy who just walked out must have some kind of problem.  THEN ... block his calls to limit the temptation to "work it out", get on with your life and KNOW that you did the best you could.  He may have been trying to create some drama that he wants you to buy into ... just to see how far he can manipulate you.  DO NOT be beguiled into this kind of madness!  Let it go ... let HIM go ... and be with your boy. 

Dqnana
by Sister on Nov. 26, 2012 at 10:42 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)