Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Debate question: Wearing PJ out as clothes

Posted by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:34 AM
  • 39 Replies
  • 484 Total Views
1 mom liked this

This question is NOT meant to bash anyone or start a fight.. It is based on YOUR opinion so respect the opinion of others... :)

I went to the Store with my DD to get something they needed to put ther lights up and saw this entire family who was dressed in their PJ, right down to their slippers. I thought maybe it was a family thing until I saw others who were wearing PJ bottoms and a tee shirt with slippers. I felt over dressed in my shorts, tee shirt, and flip flops.

Have you ever ran to the store in your PJ's? Would you or do you dress even if it is just for one item?

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VTHaven
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I see this a lot around here too (Vermont) although I personally find it very tacky. I also find it tacky when I see large women in short shorts...or men who claim to have a 30 inch waste while their pants are down around the crack of their butts!

I would NEVER wear my PJ's out in public and I honestly think it should be banned in public places. If you have to go out....put your clothes on!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:42 AM
Nope never, I could not go in my pj's. I need to dress before I go out. Even if its throw a pair of shorts on
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Nov. 25, 2012 at 6:45 AM

I have worn sweats out but never my PJ. I never allowed my kids to go out with theirs on either and I noticed that when we go out my DD will put on her shorts if she is in her PJ around the house.. I also dont like seeing a guy with his pants hanging to his knees and his boxer showing.. Told my boys if I ever see that I would make them go out in public with just their boxers.

keljo05
by Kelly on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this

i personally hate to see people out in pj's. it doesn't take any extra effort to put on a comfortable pair of pants and shoes. 

of course I also have issues with people that go to church in jeans and a tshirt.. is it really that hard to make an effort for a couple of hours one day a week? lol

hopealways4019
by Bronze sister on Nov. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM
You had shorts on! It must be warm where u at. Wish it was here. But I think its very tacky to come out in public with pajamas on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gbcmom
by Bronze sister on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this
I have not been to the store in pjs, but I have taken dd to school. I do not have to get out. I see people here in pjs all the time. Here in Texas, jeans are perfectly acceptable dress clothes for church. Mostly they don't care what we wear as long as we show up. Maybe its time to test this "pjs in public thing". Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by Roxane on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:53 AM
Personally I wouldn't go to the store in pj's, my kids have when they were teenagers and drive themselves. I always dress and most times have my hair neat and makeup on even if its one thing, but that's me. I dressed up for church once and everyone else was in jeans and t's or blouses I was overdressed lol . Course haven't been in like 20yrs . I think the same don't care what you wear just show up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fistandantalus
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I would never be able to do that, though I do see folks doing it.  When I was in nursing school there was even a RULE that one couldn't wear pajamas to class.

kikitice
by Sister on Nov. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I'm not going for it but I have a friend who does it all the time and we are both over 40! LOL

stacefaceninja
by on Nov. 25, 2012 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

Honestly, before I started on here, I had no idea that people actually waste their precious time worryinf about what I'm wearing in the store..with that said..I love my PJ's...and wear them to the store quite a bit. No slippers though.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)