Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Grrrrrrrrrr.... MEN!!! (warning!)

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 554 Total Views

I was walking Tinker to school this morning and I saw this little boy laying on the side of the road. I thought he had been hit by a car and the car left without helping the child. Tinker and I ran to the boy and found his pants leg was stuck in his chain and so we tried many ways to get it out and couldnt. Finally we formed a plan and was trying to get the pants out of the chain. This man (big guy) walked by with his 4 kids and saw us and kept walking. We finally freed the boy and he went on his way and we ours and yet this man never felt the need to stop and make sure the boy was ok or if he could have freed the boy faster.

Ladies, I am 49 and most likely the oldest mom who has a child in 1st grade. I was talking to my friend and she said she sees I run circles around parents 29 years younger than me and she shakes her head when she sees someone like this man who rather walk with blinders on than to help a child in need (but then again he always forgets his kids at school). I am sorry but I can't respect a man who has no respect for kids or doing the right thing.

What happen to mankind and the need to help a child?

Have a Blessed day!! :)

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wildlilacs
by Bronze sister on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, he seen that you already was working on the problem. Anyway, why pick on the man, no women drove/walked by? Its not just men, its people in general, really.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM

People don't care anymore. They don't want to get "involved."

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM

Have you ever watched What Would You Do? I've been watching it the last couple of weeks and it's pretty sad some of the things they show.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quoting wildlilacs:

Well, he seen that you already was working on the problem. Anyway, why pick on the man, no women drove/walked by? Its not just men, its people in general, really.

He also saw that we were struggling and could have used his help.. No one else drove/walked by.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quoting BL2010:

Have you ever watched What Would You Do? I've been watching it the last couple of weeks and it's pretty sad some of the things they show.

I dont watch TV.. It is sad what people will/wont do to help out these days.. I am sorry but if I see a kid on the side of the road I am helping..

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I'd like to think that I would help anyone.

Quoting dana63:

I dont watch TV.. It is sad what people will/wont do to help out these days.. I am sorry but if I see a kid on the side of the road I am helping..

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM

Dana, I know what ya mean.  When dd was in elem/middle school I was in the PTA and always at the schools.  Teachers would walk past kids sometimes that I saw needed some help and I would think "what?" and then go help them...sometimes they were just lost (couldn't find their room) or just having a sad moment etc.  I was hoping the teacher was just busy in their heads and didn't notice but that said it was sad still.

Kudos to you for staying and helping!!!  Karma!!

stuswf
by Gold sister on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I so agree with your post! People these days in general aren't good samara tins as they used to be. Heck you can't even check out at the grocery store & dig in your wallet for change or write in your check register once the transaction is totaled without someone 9x out of 10 sighing as they feel you're taking up their turn! How many people hold doors, smile at a stranger, say thank you to the stranger holding the door, or say excuse me when walking by in a store aisle?

It worries me if we go into another depression like the 30's will the world band together or kill one another!

K off my soap box now....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

WHEN YOU SEE HIM THIS AFTERNOON, BE SURE TO THANK HIM FOR HELPING YOU OUT THIS MORNING!!!!

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 4, 2012 at 9:40 AM

I do that all the time. I was raised to be polite to people. These days no one cares anymore. It's all about themselves. People just suck.

Quoting stuswf:

I so agree with your post! People these days in general aren't good samara tins as they used to be. Heck you can't even check out at the grocery store & dig in your wallet for change or write in your check register once the transaction is totaled without someone 9x out of 10 sighing as they feel you're taking up their turn! How many people hold doors, smile at as stranger, say thank you to the stranger holding the door, or say excuse me when walking by in a store aisle?

It worries me if we go into another depression like the 30's will the world band together or kill one another!

K off my soap box now....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)