Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Do you feel/act your age?

Posted by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
  • 37 Replies
  • 359 Total Views

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. Mentally i feel like i'm in my 20's but when i get off the couch and my ankles and knees start to crackle and i limp the first 2 steps to build momentum i feel like i'm in my 60's. I even look at my 40ish friends an peers and see how they have started to get crispy around the edges i don't see myself that way. I feel young and try to run around like i used to especially this time of year. I have 2 kids that are out of the house in their 20's and i still have a 9yr old at home. After a day out with her i sleep like the dead and wake up with a hangover and i don't even drink. I had season passes to 6 flags since i was old enough not to be free and would take my kids there everyday. This year i din't buy them. I went once and we only stayed half the day and when i got home i laid in bed and prayed it would stop spinning! So how do you feel? Are you aging well?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mnmom1328
by Sister on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:07 PM
Well for me it has a lot to do with my job. Definitely feeling my age-physically anyways! LOL I work in the bindery department at a printing company in Minnesota, and some days I come home from work and I feel like I was run over by a train!! LOL Of course having a teenage daughter about to drive you nuts doesn't help either!! LOL Yeah, I definitely have more aches and pains these days. One day at a time I say! :)

Heather
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:11 PM

I'm 50, 51 January 3rd. Yes, I feel my age. Other days, I feel younger!

MNmomto2
by Gold sister on Dec. 6, 2012 at 11:08 PM

IKN. How's a 42 year old suppose to feel. I have a 6 and 8 yr old. They keep me young, yet old. LOL.  I feel young even though my body doesn't show it. I used not worry about what I ate without gaining, now I gain, even though I walk 4 miles a day. Grrr

BL2010
by Snookims on Dec. 7, 2012 at 9:21 AM

Some days I feel my age, some days I feel younger and then there are those other days where I feel like I'm 99!

gbcmom
by Bronze sister on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:13 AM
All depends on the day. I am 44 with a 6yo and a 4yo. I am a sahm and ds runs me ragged. Last November I joins a womens roller derby league. I loved it and it sure was helping with the "old feeling". It made me feel ypung and alive. Then in June I had a head on collision that took me out for a while. I am still not reased and still waiting on surgery. I think I have aged more since June than in the last 20 yrs. In my mind, i am still 24.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Depends. This past week, up until yesterday, I was like... woooop! I am a SPRING CHICKEN!!! and then yesterday hit... holy crud :( Put me in my place :(
manilowgal
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM
My brain plays tricks on me too. I think I can do things I did in my twenties & then I move & realize there's no way. Very frustating. I'm just glad I'm still mobile!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:20 PM

I'm 48 and feel great, I am as happy as I have been in a very long time and that has helped me feel like a younger woman.

connietrrll
by Silver sister on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:45 PM

When I am around my sisters I get treated like a little kid. I am the youngest of the first 5. Sometimes I feel like I should still be sitting at the children's table, at family meals. Then I hear one of my sisters telling their kids not to get rough with me because they will break me, and I realize I am old! My kids and grandkids don't treat me like that though!

Why123
by Nancy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 1:01 PM

I'm 65.  I can usually forget that I am that old until my body or someone else reminds me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)