Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. Mentally i feel like i'm in my 20's but when i get off the couch and my ankles and knees start to crackle and i limp the first 2 steps to build momentum i feel like i'm in my 60's. I even look at my 40ish friends an peers and see how they have started to get crispy around the edges i don't see myself that way. I feel young and try to run around like i used to especially this time of year. I have 2 kids that are out of the house in their 20's and i still have a 9yr old at home. After a day out with her i sleep like the dead and wake up with a hangover and i don't even drink. I had season passes to 6 flags since i was old enough not to be free and would take my kids there everyday. This year i din't buy them. I went once and we only stayed half the day and when i got home i laid in bed and prayed it would stop spinning! So how do you feel? Are you aging well?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Replies (21-30):
Skirtgirl
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I am 44 and I don't feel old until I wake up or try to get up off the chair!! LMBO!!! I have a 11 yo ds and he keeps me going. We recently bought 2 horses and so getting out with them everyday has helped to. I just pray I don't fall and break a hip!! lol!!

soaringflutes
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:45 PM

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel at 41, but I hope I'm aging well, because I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my first child, and will need the energy to grow with him/her!  I am starting to get expression wrinkles and have a couple gray hairs, but I feel pretty good.

mom23heathens
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

I wish you luck with your pregnancy, congrats. I had 2 kids in my 20's and had so much more energy back then. I am 43 now and my youngest is now 9. I feel so tired sometimes and feel like she's being cheated out of a lot of things because i'm either too tired or bored since i have already been there/done that so my attention span is shorter.

Quoting soaringflutes:

I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel at 41, but I hope I'm aging well, because I'm 16 weeks pregnant with my first child, and will need the energy to grow with him/her!  I am starting to get expression wrinkles and have a couple gray hairs, but I feel pretty good.

mom23heathens
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:20 PM

exactly how i feel. My dd is 9 and I'm 43. I guess it's true then that when you reach a certain age you begin to fear falling! I never was a nap person but now i find myself falling alseep if I'm not moving.

Quoting Skirtgirl:

I am 44 and I don't feel old until I wake up or try to get up off the chair!! LMBO!!! I have a 11 yo ds and he keeps me going. We recently bought 2 horses and so getting out with them everyday has helped to. I just pray I don't fall and break a hip!! lol!!

mom23heathens
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:23 PM

I don't think i look my age either. I have a dd in elementary and a ds about to graduate college and another dd that just got married. One day at my youngest dd's school my oldest dd came to visit and read to the class. Her teacher asked me if i was 12 when i had her and was shocked at my age.

Quoting wodntulk2kno1:

No.. Lol
Nobody ever guesses my age and when they find out how old my kids are they are shocked.
Now my body lets me know I am getting older cause the aches and pains linger a little longer then I would like them too.

momtoblueeyes
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I'm in my 20's and feel older
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
roxxyt
by Roxane on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:33 PM
I feel good most days, I turned 50 in August and their are times my body hurts and it sucks, my kids are grown and gone and have three grand kids and one in the way. I know if I don't get moving I won't move. Like this weekend i did a big craft show, I set everything up and tore it all down, loaded everything in my truck and put and back in on Saturday, and Sunday couldn't move worth a crap lol, but got up this morning and cleaned the house and rearranged my studio, new cupboards and stuff. But I hurt and push through it. I don't look my age most days but I know I do some. It's just life I'm happy and everyone is healthy and that's all that matters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkDragonFly
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Deannie1258
by Gold sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Just turned 54 today. Ageing ok have a few health issues but all in all i like where i am right now.hugs Deannie
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:10 PM

hard to say.  I think I do a good job but when I compare myself to my peers HERE Im lagging behind. They are SO fit, and SO active, that I often feel like Im not doing enough.

When I go visit my mom I feel like Im the only one making an effort.  Even the kids are not doing well for their age.  It is very sad to see.

When I visit my in laws I feel about normal (minus the nips and tucks and wardrobes) but feel Im aging about the same.

So i dont know that you can compare yourself to others.... i think it is all about doing the absolute best you can: eat properly, excercise, get regular checkups, go to the dentist, and try to live each day to the fullest.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN