Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me. Mentally i feel like i'm in my 20's but when i get off the couch and my ankles and knees start to crackle and i limp the first 2 steps to build momentum i feel like i'm in my 60's. I even look at my 40ish friends an peers and see how they have started to get crispy around the edges i don't see myself that way. I feel young and try to run around like i used to especially this time of year. I have 2 kids that are out of the house in their 20's and i still have a 9yr old at home. After a day out with her i sleep like the dead and wake up with a hangover and i don't even drink. I had season passes to 6 flags since i was old enough not to be free and would take my kids there everyday. This year i din't buy them. I went once and we only stayed half the day and when i got home i laid in bed and prayed it would stop spinning! So how do you feel? Are you aging well?

by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 9:43 PM
Replies (31-37):
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 10, 2012 at 10:30 PM

I'll be 44 on Monday and to answer your question that would be a big ole NOPE

NEISA50
by Sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:29 PM

I am 51 and defenitely feeling my age when i am in pain the arthritis kicks in,the back is out and i have to jump start myself to walk. but when i am around the grandkids i don't act my age i have alot of fun with them, i don't look 51 alot of people tell me

mom2aspclboy
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM

No, not at all, but then again, what is a 44 y/o woman supposed to feel like or act like? I feel like me & act like me.

wishbearmom
by Ruby sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 11:45 PM

I thought I was aging gracefully, ignoring it all, until I hit menopause and my divorce trial, which literally hit simultaneously. In the past year I have gained 10 lbs (SO not like me; I'd always been underweight and a runner and swimmer). Yesterday when I went running in the snow I fell a record 4 times, thankfully without serious injury, but still...I've always just run in the winter without thinking about it. What's happening to me? Why does my neck pop every time I turn it? Why is my body turning on me?! I know there are women out there much older than me who are thinner, show fewer signs of aging, so what's their secret?!

terri-553
by Terri on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Ihave to stop think how old I am.I;ll be 55 next month.I think,Do,I feel old??not really,our 31st w.a.is next month as well.Nope but there are days like today my knees hurt because of the cold,I am fixing to go to the gym

Dontchawishuknu
by Support Sister Team on Dec. 11, 2012 at 7:16 AM

Some days are definitely better than others....I feel ya, Momma....

TerriAnne2606
by on Dec. 11, 2012 at 10:44 AM

LOL - I totally freel for you.  There are days when I get home from work and fall asleep on the couch by 8:00pm.  Unfortunately, the toddler will be awake later!  Drives hubby crazy that sometimes I'm up till 1am, and other days I'm down for the count so early.  And, yes, sometimes getting off the couch (forget trying to get off the floor any more - not happening), is more trouble than it's worth.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)