Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

what have i gotten myself into

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:45 AM
  • 16 Replies
  • 302 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I am 45 years old and trying to work full time (can't afford not too) while taking care of a 4 yr old, 6 yr old, and a 3 month old. My husband is in his 50's so I can only imaging how tired he is. I'm lucky to have my children, but I hope it is not unfair to them to be raised by older parents.

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 3:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leighp1
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:29 AM

I am sure your kids are going to be fine.  They will love you for all you do for them, for all the sacrafices you make for them.  Spend the time that you can with them, always let them know how much you love them and things will be great!!

starsis68
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:41 AM
There's. A lot of older woman havering kids
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Hi and welcome to 40ish! Hey, we have quite a few other "older parents" of little ones here. Come in and vent, share and we'll support you. simple smile

RubyQ
by Gold sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM
4 moms liked this

welcome

bow down   And my hat's off to you!

What have you gotten yourself into? Well, let's start with the fact that you're giving children the most precious thing of all--knowing someone cares about them and loves them. That is 3 lifetimes worth of more value than anything else they'll ever recieve. Merry Christmas to all of you!  

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:24 AM
2 moms liked this

WElcome! I am 49 with a 6 year old and we give her a great life and age is JUST a number. I play dress up and beauty shop. We take one day and do movie day (mainly on Sat) and so I get my Disney fix and then we talk and walk together. My DD calls us the Richards girls (after the Gilmore girls).

But I also have to say I have 9 grandchildren as well all 4-1 years of age and so I have to be able to keep up with them as well.. :)

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:36 AM
Your kids love you for you. I can't do a lot, I am disabled, but thet don't mind... we make it work and have fun!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

As long as you love them,then,how could it be unfair. 

Skirtgirl
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:45 AM

WELCOME!!!! welcome to cafemom

Age is only in the heart, right!!?? You will be fine and you got lots of support here. I wish I could be saying that I have younger children at my age (44) but I will see all mine again some day. So stay positive and energetic! Eat right excercise (well that will be with the precious darlings!!) and most importantly HAVE FUN!!!!

With Love !! love you sign

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM

take a deep breath and enjoy the time you do have with them.  They will treasure what you give them I'm sure.  HUGS and we've others here "in the same boat" so just vent/share and we'll jump in and help!

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:55 AM

I had older parents, nothing missed out on here.  Well, I never knew my grandparents but I'm not any worse because of it.  Welcome to the group!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN