Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Book reviews and new recommendations

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 452 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I try to read a book a week when possible. Me and my BFF talk books and we give new titles that we recommend to each other (funny she and I stay on the same book title most of the time...lol).

I just finish reading "Woke up Married" and that book was pretty good and even some laugh out loud moments. But there was a book that was recommended to me by my sister from a hometown girl she knows (Cheryl Coffey) called Wellington Crossing (Wellington Cross Series). I will be reading the book this afternoon. It looks like it will be pretty good. You can go on Amazon and order it for .99 (sorry not sure about Barnes and Nobles).

As always J.J. Devine has a good one called Cheynne bride that is really good and our own Bobbie Bandy book No smoke without fire is also a really good one to read as well.. I recommend all these books! :)

What book are you reading?

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
redheadbluesoul
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I just purchased "The Young Atheists's Survival Guide".  The author is the blogger who writes the "Friendly Atheist" blog, which is usually pretty good.  I am hoping the book will give me some guidance as my son goes through school.

good without god

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Yep my BFF that was a good book, I enjoyed it.  I've also recently read a few quick reads that were good "Mistletoe Mischief" by Stacey Joy Netzel, "Long Time Coming" by Edie Claire, and the fatal series by Marie Force, these are more romance, mystery, murder books "Fatal Affair" "Fatal Justice" "Fatal Consequences" and "Fatal Destiny".  Christina Tetreault has a "Billionaire Playboy" books that are also good.

Monica42
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM
I just finish reading Three weeks with my brother by Nicolas Sparks. It's an autobiography, I had read almost all of his books but I think thar this is his best book. I recommend it if you haven't read it yet. Now I'm reading The Racketer by John Grisham.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:14 AM

I actually just started and will be finishing a YA book called Divergent. The next in the series is Insurgent.

I'm looking now for something with a bit more writing meat to it after that. I like to really think about what I'm reading.

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Just finshed Wife-in-Law by Haywood Smith. She is so funny. 

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Dec. 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM

I'm still reading "Into Thing Air" by Jon Krakauer.  It's his true account of a doomed trip up Mt. Everest.  It's taking me forever to read, but it is very good.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:52 PM

not read a good book in a while.  I think I'll take a trip to half price books this week...

bethsbunch
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Just read "Every man dies alone" by Hans Fallada.   A novel based on the true story of a  German couple who tried to take a stand against the Nazi's.  Very dark and depressing but really described how terrible it must have been to live in Nazi Germany.

Now I really need something lighter.  I think I will read a Diana Gabaldon book.  I have read a couple and enjoyed them so I will start Voyager now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN