Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

came home last night from my sister taking my stitches out (the biopsy came back as scarring from my lupus as to the bald spots in my hair) and there were two messages back to back from my mil didnt want to deal with her (have to see her tuesday at my dd concert and then who knows when (they have yet to set a time fro that sides xams or date, so lovely) my mil has parkinsons and dementia so you take what she says with a lot of care (and then have to ask someone else what is going on later) so she calls with a dinner demand ( which she often does and its so annoying its not a invite its a command or you make her upset (no its not the dementia always been this way) so i let the calls go and this am sure enough 7:00 AM she is calling us back again with that it is for my bil bday(he is 56 and we sent him a card in the mail) dinner, i cant stand my sil or her 3rd hubby ( why isnt this invite coming from the sil? and why the hail were we not given more notice?) her house isnt big enough for all of us (its like stand up and move so someone else can move small). so my dh has a call into his sis to find out the facts, i dont want to go i have enough just getting ready for the holidays at this time of yr (and id like to hold my tonngue on my sil to get through the holidays without losing it on her (thought id just had to see her once, might be able to do that, bit twice and how this bday dinner came about i dont think i coulc do that, it would be a xmas miracle lol) i cant believe how rude this all is we are just supposed to drop everything for a 56 yr olds bday and his wife who hasnt the manners to give us notice( yes i have thought about that maybe she dont want us to come and just invited us through my mil last minute to smooth things over thinking wed say No, what a nice family i married into, but this is her last minute thing she always has done uuugghhh) well i hope all of you didnt wake up to something like this, this holiday season, hugs to you all and many thanks for listening to me spill my hoidaze in law story from hail i hope this is all of them this season!santa greengroup hug

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:18 AM
Replies (11-13):
LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 1:25 PM
I'm sorry i couldn't help but laugh! Point taken!

Quoting mrgetinold:

Quoting LFosterfarm:

So have you ever considered just moving somewhere else?

oh thanks for your kind words my sil moved 7 hours away from them and they go visit her and stay 9-10 days omg i would go insane! At least now i live close enough to walk home ! Hugs hon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Hugs

tomatoqueen
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM

With lupus, you know you have to limit stress. I am all for saying that you want to be your best for your Christmas gathering and know that you have to reserve some energy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN