Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Songs (piog)

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 191 Total Views

Ds was helping me put songs on my Spotify. We came across some songs that got me thinking. One song was "If today was your last day" by Nickelback. What would you do if today was your last day? Me, I would make sure my dh and kids knows I love them, make my peace with my family and make my peace with God.

What song makes you think of your s/o or kids. Mine is Crash and Burn by Savage Garden.

Ellen

by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:30 PM

first off what is a spotify?

what if today was my last day?  Well I would cancle the party tonight, I would have the kids stay in and we would order something yummy to be delivered in.  We would have dinner at the kitchen table and talk.  Then I would call my loved ones and say good bye.  I would cuddle and laugh with everone until I passed.

song for hubs - For Sentimental Reasons by Nat King Cole

song for dd 17 - ?

song for ds 15 - not sure, something by the Artic Monkeys or Bookends by Simon and garfield

song for dd 11 - ?

gonecrazi
by Lucky :) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Spotify is a facebook app that allows you to make a playlist of your favorite songs 

Ellen

NocturnesAngel
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:14 PM

http://www.spotify.com/us/video-splash/?utm_source=spotify&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=start

Free

Your music is free and instant.
Completely free
Listen on your desktop & laptopMillions of songs — just hit play Made possible by ads

Unlimited

Unlimited, uninterrupted music.
$4.99 a month.

Listen on your desktop & laptop
Millions of songs — just hit play
No ads & no commitment

Premium

Your music is everywhere.
$9.99 a month.
Listen on all your devices
Download music & listen offline
No ads & no commitment
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spotify works on your computer, your mobile, your tablet, and your home entertainment system. 
You can even download your favorite music for when you’re offline.

Spotify works on your computer, your mobile, your tablet, and your home entertainment system. 
You can even download your favorite music for when you’re offline.

Build your collection

It’s easy to build a personal collection by creating your own playlists. Or if you find a playlist you really like, just add it to your collection. Very soon, you'll have the right music for every mood and occasion

Follow & share

Music brings people together. That’s why Spotify is so social. Share music on Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, your blog and via email. You can follow other cool people too. When they find great new music, so do you.

Radio

Sit back and enjoy Spotify radio. Start with a song you love, and let Spotify bring you one great track after another. Perfect if you don't know what to listen to, or if you're in the mood for something new.

Give the gift of music! Spotify gift cards are available here.

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM
If today was my last day id go out to a meal and eat all that bad food that is bad for you and will kill you! And tell them all that i loved them and what a blessing they all were in my life!
I dont know if id stop being a doormat and tell my in laws what i think of them! If today were my last day and go hug my nephew who turns 33 Today! And drive 2 hours to hold my new great nephew who is a week old and i have only seen pictures of!
As for songs
My dd who is 17- its by barenaked ladies and when she still in her car seat we would sing I just made you say underwear at the top of our lungs
my ds who is 12-holes in the floor of heaven as after i lost my mom the song came on i cried and my then 7 yr old asked me why and it broke my heart to try and put it into words
My ds - it would be and we danced ( i think by brad paisley) thats how we met the 2 nd time was country dance lessons out there on that hardwood floor! Hugs to u all
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I never thought of a song for my family.. Sorry.. :(

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 5:58 PM
Actually my songs constantly change. They will each have a favorite song and listen to it a million times and overtime I hear that song I think of them, old and new. Just so much I couldn't even begin toltoiLet them.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mamakin616
by Sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:35 PM

My son Timothy will be 24 in Jan. and ever since he was a baby I played Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd....But the song for all of my kids is Forever Young  by Rod Stewart...I love that song and all seven of my kids know it by heart and will play it for me and each other on our B-days ,Mothers Day and any special time.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 8, 2012 at 6:46 PM

the one song that means a lot to me and reminds me of my dh is "Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts.  The words mirror us in the beginning...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)