Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Need advice (Piog)

Posted by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
  • 13 Replies
  • 269 Total Views
My son is 10 months old and he has no teeth. He has been teething since August and whenI looked @ his gums there is a tiny hole. I asked hubby if late teething runs in his fam and he doesnt know. BTW he is a kinship adoptionso I cant compare it to my daughter and kids are different. Should I call his doctor?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to his doctor, then probably the dentist.

crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would question the doc just to ease your mind, my boys cut theirs late.
KW1280
by Silver sister on Dec. 8, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I just didnt want to be a worry wart and I know he is tired of me feeling his gums lol

Quoting crazymom729:

I would question the doc just to ease your mind, my boys cut theirs late.

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:34 AM
They say the later they come in the healthier their teeth are stoppard to be. Some don't cut till they're a year old. Humphreys worked well for my kids.
KW1280
by Silver sister on Dec. 9, 2012 at 12:50 AM
Thanks and I probably am over reacting but he had a hard start and I think I am over cautious

Quoting LFosterfarm:

They say the later they come in the healthier their teeth are stoppard to be. Some don't cut till they're a year old. Humphreys worked well for my kids.

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 9, 2012 at 9:56 AM

You're a mom, nothing wrong with being over catious.  and when in doubt, come here. LOL,  if it continues to be a concern take him to his pediatrician.

Quoting KW1280:

Thanks and I probably am over reacting but he had a hard start and I think I am over cautious

Quoting LFosterfarm:

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Poor little bub.
smile357
by Linda on Dec. 9, 2012 at 11:53 AM
My graddaughter was teething for a while before she cut teeth. Calling the dic doesnt hurt anything
alexgia
by Bronze sister on Dec. 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM
we could see my daughter's teeth when she was born although the first one did not pop out until she was 4 months old. my son who was borna year later didn't get one until he was a year old. and yes, he has the best teeth in the family.
twinsplus2more
by on Dec. 10, 2012 at 1:24 PM

Nothing wrong with being overly concerned.  Some kids don't get their 1st teeth until they are a year old and them some.  Some have a 1st tooth out a birth.  Differences in our kids keep us on our toes and sane. 

Just be patient.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)