Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Last Night of World

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 408 Total Views
1 mom liked this

What is everyone doing on Friday 12/21?  We are having our annual holiday gathering with our closest friends and celebrating the last night of the world.   We will have a special drink with Flor De Caa (gotta find it first) and lime juice, sip champaign and enjoy the end and celebrate the beginning....

Here is the inspirational song!

http://youtu.be/02TUsZzF6es

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM
4 moms liked this

I will be eating chinese food, hanging with my family, and celebrating my birthday!  champagne sounds kinda good though, i may have to buy myself a bottle! lol

Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Just living! Spending time with the hub!

PinkDragonFly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Did you know that There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year...so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago.

Sharon

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

catchup29
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM
We are celebrating Yule. So lots of food, drink and burning of the log. Along with a ritual, that I'm working on now.
EponaMT
by Sister on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:39 PM

I too celebrate Yule so my evening will be very similar. :)

Quoting catchup29:

We are celebrating Yule. So lots of food, drink and burning of the log. Along with a ritual, that I'm working on now.

jett286
by BrewMisstress on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

Did you know that There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be July 28, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year...so technically the world should have ended 7 months ago.

Yes!  We all know that but when we were chosing a date for our celebration we thought it would be fun to have it on this date....  I don't really beleive the world will end, but it's fun to plan a party around the date and have a good time!

Jeanette

"Love is a fabric that never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the waters of adversity and grief". -- Anon.
Mariagma3
by Maria - Midwest Lady on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:07 PM

My one g/f is great, I love her alot. That being said, she goes nuts on this topic on FB. Sometimes she just takes things WAY too literally. Don't know if she actually believes it or not, but SHUT UP! If the world ends that day, we probably will not know it! 

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:26 PM
3 moms liked this

I will be home alone with my child and hub will be working.. I think pink is right and the world was suppose to have ended 7 months ago..

I will say if anyone is worried about their money, animals or anything of value that I will be more in glad to "watch" it for you. LOL..

PinkDragonFly
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

LOL didn't you know I am  aparty pooper!!!  bouncing

Quoting jett286:

Quoting PinkDragonFly:

Yes!  We all know that but when we were chosing a date for our celebration we thought it would be fun to have it on this date....  I don't really beleive the world will end, but it's fun to plan a party around the date and have a good time!

Sharon

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

wishbearmom
by Sue on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

We will be going out to dinner to celebrate my oldest daughter's 24th birthday.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)