Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you had $200 and you had a choice between..............

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
  • 20 Replies
  • 497 Total Views

If you had $200 bucks and you saved it for (fill in the blank) and you heard that a stranger needed food and presents for their child(ren) would you take this money and buy her family food/presents or would you take it and buy (fill in the blank) for yourself?

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Gold sister on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM

I would help the other person.

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:37 PM

if it was for myself, yes I would spend it on a stranger, and depending on the situation, would depend on if I spent it for my family or anothers.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I would take it and spend it on the stranger and her family. I wouldnt just hand her the money but I would make sure her child/ren have food and presents..

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:00 PM

I would like to think I would help another person. If it was a family member, I would definitely spend it for them. I've done that a few times for the holidays for my younger sister and her family.

Shelly123
by Sister on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:08 PM

I would take her to the store and buy her food , to provide nurishment , presents can come later.

SeanandNoahsmom
by Manning Fan on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Quoting dana63:

I would take it and spend it on the stranger and her family. I wouldnt just hand her the money but I would make sure her child/ren have food and presents..

That is what I'd do as well.

Dawn
mightymo
by Bronze sister on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:34 PM

i would give it to someone that needed it, can always start to save again for what i want wanting and needing are two different things to me

gonecrazi
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:48 PM

Help a family out 

smile357
by Linda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM
If I was saving for a pure want yes I would help the other people out.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I've done that!  Not that much but what I had at the time.  When dd was in elementary we had some Katrina "refugees" (that's what they called themselves) attending her school/staying with some friends... so several of the teachers got together with us (PTA) and we bought the kids toys and the families holiday meals and the like.  One family stayed here in the area but the other 2 went home eventually...  I would do it again as much as I could.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)