Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

dang.... I think Ive raised a nerd

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 175 Total Views

My youngest daughter was SO upset about her math homework.  She simply didnt understand the idea of subtracting negitive numbers.  She knew how to do it, but was very upset she didnt know why she was doing it.  She simply doesnt want to do math unless she knows why it needs to be done a certain way.

So, we sat down and I explained it.

LMBO.... she came back later and said "thank you, I had so much fun doing it I did extra!"

by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
doodlepuss
by Platinum sister on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:06 PM

LOL!  Those number nerds earn a good living.  My son loves his numbers!  He's far more enthusiastic about them than his letters. LOL

smile357
by Linda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I hate to say bit I was a lot like her. Things had to make sense to me. They still do,cant figure out geomitry for that reason
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

dont ya know it.  a girl going into engineering is still in the minority all these years later.  

Quoting doodlepuss:

LOL!  Those number nerds earn a good living.  My son loves his numbers!  He's far more enthusiastic about them than his letters. LOL

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM

this kid is my funky monkey.  she is sooooo her own person.  we are so curious to see who she turns out to be and what she chooses to do.  she  follows her own drum in a variety of ways.

Quoting smile357:

I hate to say bit I was a lot like her. Things had to make sense to me. They still do,cant figure out geomitry for that reason

smile357
by Linda on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM
Those qualities are what makes the best adults

Quoting sahlady:

this kid is my funky monkey.  she is sooooo her own person.  we are so curious to see who she turns out to be and what she chooses to do.  she is follows her own drum in a variety of ways.

Quoting smile357:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:29 PM

ugh I wish my youngest was that way..

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting smile357:

Same here!

opinionatedmom
by Gold sister on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:50 PM

but mom don't you know nerds become rich. look at bill gates

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I have two nerds, both young ladies now.

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:45 AM

LMAO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)