Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

What a nice officer...

Posted by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM
  • 19 Replies
  • 303 Total Views
6 moms liked this

This is a very sweet story... Do you have a local story of Holiday giving?

A Plano officer was in the holiday spirit recently when he gave one motorist a little something extra with his traffic ticket.

Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker and received a citation that contained a $100 bill inside, according to KTVT-TV

Watch Video

The compassionate gesture came after Carlo explained to the officer his financial situation.

"I said: 'There's no explanation for why I haven't done it, except I don’t have the money.' I said: 'It was either feed my kids or get my registration done."

The 25-year-old who has a wife and two kids said he couldn't believe what he saw when he unfolded the citation.

The officer wants to remain anonymous for his kind act.

"As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do," department spokesman David Tilley told the news station.

Carlo said that he used the money to update the registrations on his and his wife's vehicles.

"He helped me out when I needed it and I appreciate that," he said. "I'll never forget that man."

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:49 AM

simple smileSo nice to wake up to a great story! Thanx for posting!

hopealways4019
by Bronze sister on Dec. 13, 2012 at 6:51 AM
Sweet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:12 AM

I saw this on the news and it warm my heart...

lbzmom
by Support Team Sister on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:37 AM

That's really nice.  

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I saw something about it on the news last night, but fell asleep before the story came on.  yet again restores my faith in humanity!

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 13, 2012 at 7:52 AM

ugh now see I LIVE in this area and didn't even hear this on our local news...sigh...

Other than that how neat!  Plano has been getting a lot of bad publicity (silly stuff) so it's nice to hear something good about them.

cjcharlie1959
by Dungeon Queen on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:16 AM

that was nice

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:21 AM

It's the officer's call whether he writes that citation up. 

One year, while driving home from Oregon on Christmas day I was driving fairly fast and I got pulled over for speeding. I never get pulled over for speeding.

The officer looked at my license and ran it, and then came back and handed it to me. He said "it looks like your trying to get home in time for Christmas dinner, I'm going to let you off with a warning, ok?" My reply was thank you very much Sir, to which one of my daughter's replied, "mommy we have never heard you call anyone sir before!" I laugh and said something like you do when your getting pulled over and always when they let you off with a warning!

Mariagma3
by Wild Midwest Lady on Dec. 13, 2012 at 8:59 AM

WOW!

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 13, 2012 at 9:05 AM

Now that's a nice story.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN