• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

snowflakes for sandy hook

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM
  • 16 Replies
  • 367 Total Views
3 moms liked this

just saw this on my friends fb page:

This is something fun we can all do for the kids of Sandy Hook. Got this from a friend.

A lot of us are wondering if there's anything we can do for the children in Sandy Hook. A friend of mine's nephew goes to school there and she sent me
this email this morning....

My sister and children live in Sandy Hook. My nephew was attending class at Sandy Hook Elementary School the morning of this tragedy.

So many of you near and far have asked what you could do to help. Students from Sandy Hook will be relocated to another school. The building is being prepped, but could use some sprucing up. Info about our "Snowflakes for Sandy Hook" is below.

Snowflakes for Sandy Hook
Please help the students of Sandy Hook have a winter wonderland at their new school! Get Creative!! No two snowflakes are alike. Make and send snowflakes to Connecticut PTSA, 60 Connolly Parkway, Building 12, Suite 103, Hamden, CT 06514, by January 12, 2013

Also, my friend said to make sure you sign your name and write where the snowflake came from (New York City, etc).

I have a cricut paper cutting machine....and a snowflake cartridge, time to get to work I think
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
manilowgal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:42 PM
I love this idea, kelly. This is so cool...I haven't made snowflakes in years!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

You know you can make snowflakes out of coffee filters? I will get busy as well..

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:54 PM

ooh will post on my facebook page for my family to do too...

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:24 PM
Mine always come out looking.... odd ;(
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 19, 2012 at 8:32 AM

What a great idea! Thanks.

coolmommy2x
by Gold sister on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:31 AM
DS's school is doing this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:35 AM

what a cute idea!

manilowgal
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 9:52 AM
Doesn't matter!

Quoting LACHESIS:

Mine always come out looking.... odd ;(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
by Bronze sister on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Our local schools are participating in this and have invited all the parents to drop in and make one as well.

I think it is a beautiful gesture that will concretely show these children and their community how many people care about what happened to them and want only the best for their futures.

bambiesmiles
by Sister on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:59 PM

my son loves the idea an I will enoy this as well thank you! an I will get started. Well before I posted this I started an finished lol I made a few an sending em in mail now. It made me feel so a lil bit better. I felt like I did something to help them move forward. Bless all the ones during this time an always.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)