• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Well THAT was an odd question

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM
  • 31 Replies
  • 391 Total Views
I attend a semi-private yoga class on Tuesdays. Same 6 ladies in the class every week. I have been there off and on for a year, the other women longer.

In the middle of class today while moving from one position to a new position the teacher stops and says to me (btw I'm in the back of the class so she had to be a bit loud for me to hear her) "Jen are you on your period today?"

WHAT????? Omg! Do I smell? Do I look bloated? Do I have something on my clothes? WHY on earth would she ask me that?

"No" I said kind if sheepishly. Then she says "oh, have you stopped having periods?"
"No"
"Ok let's do this next position."

After class I ask why she questioned me. She said that the new position was not good to do while bleeding. I guess she only asked me because she knew the other women had already gone through menopause.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:17 PM
1 mom liked this

That would be odd to just blurt out in front of the entire class..

keljo05
by Kelly on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:18 PM

that was bizarre.. wish she would have thought to ask you privately BEFORE the class

manilowgal
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess she could have just made a class announcement to all instead of singling you out!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:46 PM

I agree that question was rude and she should have explained herself before she jumped to the question.

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 7:59 PM
I would have been a smart ass about it but that's normal for me! What an awkward position!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
amazingj
by Sister on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Wow, that wouldn't have bothered, but basically I'm about the bluntest most P inC person ever, but i could see where that would really offend other's (i do make an effort to be sensitive to those who aren't used to me).  i would have probably asked if she needed a tampon.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I soooooo wasnt offended.... just taken by surprise.  (take a hell of a lot more than that to offend me).  

Quoting amazingj:

Wow, that wouldn't have bothered, but basically I'm about the bluntest most P inC person ever, but i could see where that would really offend other's (i do make an effort to be sensitive to those who aren't used to me).  i would have probably asked if she needed a tampon.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I have been with the same 6 ladies EVERY class for well over a year.... longer for them.  Im guessing that they have all gone through menopause and have done that particular position before.  This is the first time I had done that position.

Quoting manilowgal:

I guess she could have just made a class announcement to all instead of singling you out!

wodntulk2kno1
by Sister on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:11 PM
Weird indeed!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
njt320
by Sister on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:12 PM
LOL this post cracked me up!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)