Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your books come "alive" when you read?

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:33 AM
  • 11 Replies
  • 312 Total Views

When you pick up your Kindle, Nook, actual book, all other eReader devices does it come alive in your mind? Do you place yourself as the main female character?

I was talking to someone a few days ago about books and she said she sees herself as the main female character. She said her books takes her on different adventures and she gain the love of books because her mind allowed this.

My BFF and I read a book (a funny book) where the Kindle reader actually went inside her Kindle and she choice who she wanted to be, sometimes the lead male but mainly the female and she saw everything in both perspectives.

Happy Reading! :)

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 6:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I think all readers have a bit of Walter Mitty in them.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Quoting RubyQ:

I think all readers have a bit of Walter Mitty in them.

Oh I agree that we all have a bit of Walter Mitty Syndrome even when we are not reading and we daydream and that is part of the syndrome.

Join the fun at 40ish and beyond ~~ www.cafemom.com/group/7446

Suzukigirl710
by Sister on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I have been wanting to get a Kindle Fire just for this reason!!!! I love reading, and even while reading the old fashioned way, holding a book, LOL, I still find myself "in the book". 

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:24 AM
I've always tried to put myself into the book. Somedays I wish I could escape more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:41 AM

I don't put myself into them but I see the book in my mind as I read and feel like I "know" the characters as friends... I HATE coming to the end especially when it's kinda left "open"...if there isn't another one to follow (series) I try to write one in my head to give "closure" LOL

manilowgal
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Depends on my mood & the book. Usually it's more like reading a friends adventure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BL2010
by BL on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes I do and sometimes I don't. All depends on the story and my frame of mind at the moment.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM
1 mom liked this

The best or worst part about reading is that you are in control of your imagination and how the scenes play out.

I don't always associate with the main character in the book but I always fantasize about the place or time period I'm reading about.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:51 AM

I love reading!  But I never put myself as the main character because I'd rather 'draw up' what the main character looks like and create a whole cast for the characters in my head.  

jmlmomma
by Momma's new BFF on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:58 AM

Myself no... getting attached to the characters YES.. I miss them when I'm finished with the book.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)