Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

santa and heartbreak

Posted by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 288 Total Views
My 12 yr old ds asked when he was going to get to see santa and to tell u the truth i thought he no longer believed, he is my youngest so for this moma i kinda clung to him believing in santa! My dh is all for chucking this as ds would surely be teased for believing in the jolly man in the red suit, kinda sad right? Well im looking for advice from you all, those with older kids how did yours find out or have they? And how does one answer the ? On this ( i m thinking of saying though he isnt a man in person he is more the spirit of Christmas?) Any advice for me would be so very welcome! Im kinda heart broke over all this and just wish he d just believe forever! Hugs to you all and many thanks! I still believe:)
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
I got nothing! If my 13 yr old dd doesn't believe she sure has me fooled! She even write her letter to Santa this year again. I was all for telling her but hubby won't! And we have gone to great lengths to keep him alive and well, just for her! Foster kids already knew, Mychael figured it out on his own, so more i only have one to work with.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
cuteoverload
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:29 PM

There is nothing wrong with believing in Santa.  I still believe.

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I let my dd come to me about it.  I would let him believe if he wants..if he says something to his friends they won't bug him if they are really his friends.

But, in our case dh also wanted youngest to stop when she was 12...she was caught in between because she thought she wouldn't get gifts anymore lol... It all worked out tho.

doodlepuss
by Sheri on Dec. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

I'm not sure what to say....I'm sorry.  Mine is just starting out with Santa.

manilowgal
by on Dec. 20, 2012 at 9:21 PM
3 moms liked this
If he's acting like he believes, then play along. What's it gonna hurt. He may be on the edge. I'd let him tell me. Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wishbearmom
by Sue on Dec. 20, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hey, as long as they believed, I kept believing too! Why not preserve the innocent faith of a child - we could all use more faith! It's one of the many things I love about Christmas.

VTHaven
by on Dec. 21, 2012 at 6:07 AM

I'm with Alaina (starlight.) Let him come to you in his own time. I always tell my kids that I believe in the magic of Christmas when asked if I believe in Santa. I have never said Santa was real...but I've never denied them believing either. My son who is 7 knows that not all Santa's look the same (he's known this for a LONG time and is an observant kid) so I know he realizes that just ONE jolly old man couldn't possibly be behind the gifts.

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 21, 2012 at 8:56 AM

Let him believe as long as possible. I still believe in Santa and I'm 51.

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:00 AM

Some children like to hold onto the fantasy and the magic. I see nothing wrong with him going to see Santa.

Heck, my daughter's are 19 and 23 and like to see Santa! I'm sure Santa likes to see them now too...hmm...

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 21, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I get my picture taking with Santa every year.

Quoting rosebud727:

Some children like to hold onto the fantasy and the magic. I see nothing wrong with him going to see Santa.

Heck, my daughter's are 19 and 23 and like to see Santa! I'm sure Santa likes to see them now too...hmm...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)