Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you prepare...?

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM
  • 21 Replies
  • 291 Total Views
On New yrs day something that is supposed to bring you and yours luck if you eat it? Ive done black eyed peas, and cabbage ( but my kids dont really like these and dont eat them, no luck for them huh) So im wondering if any of you all do something for luck that my picky unlucky kids will eat ( my mil does collard greens no way will my kids eat them haha) thank you all hugs for a happy 2013!
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:30 PM
I will eat mine!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:31 PM

I never heard of that but I like the sounds of it. Thanks for the great idea.

Endeed
by Sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

Have you ever heard of Hoppin' John?  This is considered great by my kids.  Good luck;) & Happy New year.

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM

nope

Endeed
by Sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:45 PM

Quoting sahlady:

nope

Google it... Try a recipe.  I think it's great.  And serving it on New Year's day is a fun tradition! 

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:46 PM

No, no traditional meal for

new Year's day. just chill & order Chinese or Pizza

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:07 PM

It is our anniversary 12/31. I might make something and have left overs for the next day. OR my hope is to make soups this week, so we have easy stuff to pull out and eat. We're not suppose to get above 65 (and I am not even sure if we will get that high.... for Mesa, AZ, that is cold!!!). I am pretty sure my husband has to work both days (no complaints from me). We shall see. 

I am hoping my oldest will babysit 12/31, but considering we've seen him all of an hour since he has been here :( I am not holding my breath. So I need to plan something. 

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Quoting Endeed:

Have you ever heard of Hoppin' John?  This is considered great by my kids.  Good luck;) & Happy New year.

yep i made the hoppin johns as part of the black eyed pea try, with hush puppys my picky kids just ate the hush pups but there is a new recipe in the back of womans day magazine i might try with kielbasa and ham hocks! Thanks u
mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:38 PM
Quoting LACHESIS:

It is our anniversary 12/31. I might make something and have left overs for the next day. OR my hope is to make soups this week, so we have easy stuff to pull out and eat. We're not suppose to get above 65 (and I am not even sure if we will get that high.... for Mesa, AZ, that is cold!!!). I am pretty sure my husband has to work both days (no complaints from me). We shall see. I am hoping my oldest will babysit 12/31, but considering we've seen him all of an hour since he has been here :( I am not holding my breath. So I need to plan something. 

happy early anniversary, hope you get a sitter hon
manilowgal
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM
My mom did but I never have. Dh wouldn't eat it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)