Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...
On New yrs day something that is supposed to bring you and yours luck if you eat it? Ive done black eyed peas, and cabbage ( but my kids dont really like these and dont eat them, no luck for them huh) So im wondering if any of you all do something for luck that my picky unlucky kids will eat ( my mil does collard greens no way will my kids eat them haha) thank you all hugs for a happy 2013!
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 4:22 PM
Replies (11-20):
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Dec. 28, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Thanks! My oldest son is visiting and for lack of better words, being a shithead :(  I have seen him all of an hour. He came over on Christmas and fell asleep. 
I mean I understand, hanging with the buddies, gaming (as he really can't in Alaska... he has very limited internet) and such, but it makes me mad b/c he is using my car and can't even come drop it off. 
 He said he would do an oil change on my van that is just sitting (needs to be registered), I do not see that being done either.

Bleacheddecay
by Gold Sister -lp on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM

We always have and enjoy black eye peas and greens here. We pick the freshest greens we can find.

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:25 PM

I've never heard of this so I'm of no help.

GoddessJohnnie
by Goddess Johnnie on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Other foods considered to be lucky are grapes, round sweets like donuts, round fruits, and pork.

Avoid chicken and any other 'birds', and avoid lobster.  

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 8:58 PM

we make pork/sauerkraut and black eyed peas...

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Quoting GoddessJohnnie:

Other foods considered to be lucky are grapes, round sweets like donuts, round fruits, and pork.

Avoid chicken and any other 'birds', and avoid lobster.  

hey liken the donut thing and my kids would eat them many thanks
pinkcoffeecup
by Silver sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 9:44 PM

Pickled Herring is suppose to bring good luck in the new year.

firelites
by Anne on Dec. 28, 2012 at 10:00 PM

I don't do the collard greens, but the black eyed peas are an every year standard

Barbiewithabeef
by Bronze sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:18 PM

Yeah, I do that too but I am the only one who eats the black-eyed peas!! He eats the collard greens!! LOL I guess whatever u can make that your kids will eat is considered lucky especially for you if they eat it!!

FiddleCat
by Sister on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Growing up my mom always did the Pork, Sauerkraut and dumplings thing. Pa Dutch/German tradition? I LOVE it. I can't cook it here tho. Hubby thinks it smells bad and I'm the only one that will eat it. So I still go over to my moms for dinner that day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN