Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

The Fiscal Cliff

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM
  • 34 Replies
  • 351 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I was just wondering how everone feels about our government's dragging it's feet over coming to some decision that would avoid us going over the "fiscal cliff". It has been reported that if they do not come to an agreement that the average American would see a tax increase of approx. $3,500 annually. It is sad that many politicians feel that protecting the wealthiest Americans is a priority. I know I cannot absorb that type of tax increase and I am better off than many americans.

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I personally think that they'll come to an eleventh hour agreement and we will not go over the fiscal cliff. They want to get re-elected, why upset everyone?

That's just my opinion though.

25beengoodtome
by Crazy LiL' Sister on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:03 PM

I am already far below the poverty level. Most "middle class" Americans would not be comfortable with the little I live on and enjoy.

firelites
by Anne on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:04 PM
2 moms liked this

I noticed Obama is playing the it's not me,they aren't doing thier job, game

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I am hoping that they do...all this late game posturing looks bad for everyone. We will keep out fingers crossed.

Quoting rosebud727:

Well, I personally think that they'll come to an eleventh hour agreement and we will not go over the fiscal cliff. They want to get re-elected, why upset everyone?

That's just my opinion though.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:19 PM

I find it appalling that the cuts they want to make directly affect the lower class population and those least able to tolerate any change in their financial situation. I think we would all do better to learn to live within our means rather than on credit, including, our government.

Quoting 25beengoodtome:

I am already far below the poverty level. Most "middle class" Americans would not be comfortable with the little I live on and enjoy.

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I am trying to be party neutral. I think all members of the top government are to blame and need to find a solution and now. I hope that they stop the blame game and take responsibility as our nation's leaders.

Quoting firelites:

partygal19dani
by Dani <3 on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I admit, I have been pretty concerned about this!!!  It's been on my mind alot this past week.  I can't stand the fact that they are waiting till the very end to strike a deal, but I am trying to be optimistic in thinking that they will come to some sort of agreement!!  Both sides need to compromise and those who are protecting the wealthiest Americans need to back down from their stubborn stance and allow for higher taxes on the 2 %er's!!  I sure hope our taxes aren't going to go up this year........I will be very pissed off if they do!!   

rosebud727
by Mac Goddess on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Me too, and I agree all are equal on the blame.

Quoting rojastarr:

I am trying to be party neutral. I think all members of the top government are to blame and need to find a solution and now. I hope that they stop the blame game and take responsibility as our nation's leaders.

Quoting firelites:

Shari55
by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Well I am not thrilled as we receive Medicaid (need it for my husbands medications to keep him alive), also we receive (food stamps-Snap)... however when we do start working again the taxes will hurt us too. Oh and thank goodness my husband hasn't been getting unemployment that long so hopefully this won't be affected.

The parties need to wake up and realize that if they want to get re-elected they need to GROW-UP and stop being bullies.

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977), Nyssa(April 1989) and

Michaela(August 1994)

rojastarr
by Fang Slayer on Dec. 28, 2012 at 7:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I am with you in the hope that they will do something positive....it is getting downright silly...the elections are over now they need to put on their big boy/girl panties on and do the job they were elected to do.

Quoting partygal19dani:

I admit, I have been pretty concerned about this!!!  It's been on my mind alot this past week.  I can't stand the fact that they are waiting till the very end to strike a deal, but I am trying to be optimistic in thinking that they will come to some sort of agreement!!  Both sides need to compromise and those who are protecting the wealthiest Americans need to back down from their stubborn stance and allow for higher taxes on the 2 %er's!!  I sure hope our taxes aren't going to go up this year........I will be very pissed off if they do!!   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)