Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

Saying Hi

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM
  • 22 Replies
  • 347 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm a mom of 5 ages 26, 23, 18, 16 and 14. I'm also raising my grandson who is 3. My husband and I have been married for 28 years. I work at an elementary school as the registrar, attendance and records secretary. I have a BS in Human Resources Management. I took a job that is not related at all to my degree but I love my job. :)

I have an embroidery business that I need to get off the ground. Three of my five kids live at home. My oldest has his own place about 20 minutes away. The little guy's mom is the 23- year- old. She doesn't live with us and that is a story all in itself. He is the cutest thing ever but at 47 I am about too old for this. I'm so grateful for the ones at home who always pitch in to help with him. It would be nice if they could pitch in with the dishes lol. 

I have more hobbies than I can list - I love anything crafty. I have ADHD so I rarely sit still or do nothing. As a result I have acquired lots of hobbies to keep me busy. My life is never boring but God blessed me with the perfect husband for me as well as really good friends. 

I like most things but I hate drama! This is my escape from the drama in my life and I've got plenty.  I would rather laugh than cry so no sad movies or books if I can avoid it. 

I think I've said plenty so you should know me now. ;)

Dianna 

by on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
firelites
by Anne on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:33 PM
1 mom liked this

welcome to the group

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome and you will love this group!!  We don't do drama... Look forward to getting to know you.

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! I am also raising my grandchild.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Manth
by Manth on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:22 AM

G'day Dianna and welcome.  I'm Aramanth from Australia - call me Manth, most people do.  DH and I have been married for 20 years and we have 2 amazing daughters aged 17 (18 as of next week!) and 16.  No grands yet and there had better not be for a while - my girls have big dreams and don't need to complicate matters with babies at this young age.

hockeymomsue64
by Sue on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:23 AM

Welcome to the group. I'm Sue, wife to Tim and mom to 4 boys, Brian is 26, Alan is 24, Danny is 19 and Collin is 16.

PinkDragonFly
by Shazzy on Dec. 29, 2012 at 8:58 AM

welcome to the group.

Sharon

join the chat today lets talk Revenge

click on pic.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118222

mamamiajk
by Silver sister on Dec. 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM

Hello and welcome!

bhow
by Silver sister on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Hi Dianna.  Sounds like you are pretty busy, but hey isn't that better than being still?  It's about time for me to get off of this lap top today cause I'm felling "wasted".  Have a great day!

maryg38
by Sweet Mary <3 on Dec. 29, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Welcome to the group, you're gonna fit in perfectly!!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
manilowgal
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Hey Dianna, I look forward to getting to know you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)