Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Years Eve Traditions??

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:06 PM
  • 15 Replies
  • 259 Total Views
1 mom liked this

So we all know about kissing someone at midnight as a classic tradition, and we know about eating 'lucky' food to ring in the new year - - do you have any tradtitions of your own for New Years Eve?

I do - I allow myself cigarettes on NYE.  I used to smoke (socially) but quit after college.  But I'm one of the people that loves the smell of certain cigarette's burning.  So each December 31st, I enjoy a few cigarettes or indulge in my bro-in-law's hookah.  

Anyone else have something they do that's all their own on the last day of the year??

Goddess Johnnie 

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PinkDragonFly
by Momma's shadow on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:18 PM

¯`°º·¤.¸¯`°º·¤.¸ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º° ¸.¤·º° ¤ ¸.¤·º°
~~~~ ~ ~ ~ HAPPY ~New Year!!! ~ ~ ~ ~~~~
¸.¤·º°´¯ ¯`°º·¤. ~~¸.¤·º°´¯ ¯`°º·¤. ¸ ¤ ¯`°º·¤.
¸¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¸.¤·º°´¯ ¯`°º·.¯`°º·¤. .¯`°º·¤..

starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Dec. 31, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this

dh says what you do at midnight is what you'll do all year LOL...so he like to get "lucky" teehee...

madmueller
by Sister on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:47 PM

Champagne!

Bang on pots and pans, my kids want fireworks

Tomorrow of course will be blackeyed peas (using my red beans and rice recipe), spinich, turkey and all the fixings!

LFosterfarm
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I make a big pot of pasole, but since I made it saturday, and pumpkin is still under the weather, she requested those dorito taco things from taco bell, so I caved and let her have her way.  tonight is movie night!

dana63
by Momma of 40ish on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:51 PM

We have no traditions and tomorrow we will have blackeye peas with dinner..

mrgetinold
by Gold sister on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:40 PM
Today is my sisters bday! So normaly we do something together ( funny note, she has never gone out for her bday!) This yr i didnt want her to get whatever my kids have sickos!
For dinner i make appitizers piggys in a blanket, chili, shrimp, mexi meatballs, stuffed mushroom, potato skins stuff like that! This yr will be the 2nd attempt at my kids trying to stay up to watch the dick clark less ball drop( it was a nice touch they had etched his name into one of the balls panels) happy 2013 everyone
my2sweetjoys
by Kay on Dec. 31, 2012 at 8:51 PM

Usually it is movie night and watch the peach drop in Atlanta on tv.My daughter is taking care of my mother in law so I will be up probably by myself watching and getting a head start on the cooking.I miss my girl and I will be on the phone with her so it will be like we are together! 

Happy New Year!

BL2010
by BL on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:28 PM

The last 5 years or so we usually always take vacation this week. For some strange reason we're not going until Saturday...

Shari55
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:32 PM

We don't have any special traditions, I am currently watching "The Goonies" and just had some SplitPea Soup

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977), Nyssa(April 1989) and

Michaela(August 1994)

Tikismom
by sister of the year on Dec. 31, 2012 at 9:44 PM

We have ham,potato salad,baked beans and rolls for our New Years dinner.We call it our winter picnic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)