Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aiden and Lydia...

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 254 Total Views
1 mom liked this

are making a grocery list. So far, Aiden has Pop Tarts and Eggs. LOL! I am spelling, making him write down what he wants. ;) 

Come check out the  ✶The Mommy Club✶
40? Almost 40? Feel 40?
40ish and beyond...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rachel Mom to Joey,  Aiden and Lydia "Irish Twins"

by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay! for you!  My girls learned a lot about shopping doing this! Have them go to the cupboards and tell you how much of different type of stuff you have--toilet paper, laundry soap, cereal, dish soap, milk. At 13 and 14 yrs. my girls could do the shopping themselves--with coupons, even!-- and did the list , planning, couponing, and  weekly deals/ads. I could drop them off at the store and go do extra errands--still do! It's a timesaver--and momma saver, hahahaahaa.....

They love being in charge at the grocery. But it did backfire a little---they don't let me put my junk food in the cart. If i want it, I have to make an extra trip, so it has helped me out in that department a bit!, hahahahahaa.... (although I DID make sure I had my cheetos for New Years Evebig smile miniI got those as a consolation prize because she made me put back the private-selection molten-chocolate-lava cakes. And they were on sale too, damn.)

mrgetinold
by Nana on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Id like a box of pop tarts too ( what flavor do they like best)! Good to put names on those cute little faces of yours! mine would cut the pictures out of the newspaper for their list! Enjoy your trip to the store with your little shoppers! Hope 2013 brings both of us mil peace in the new year hon take care!
LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

My oldest is 21 now and he is SOOOO thankful I taught him to shop, cook and do laundry.  It was more b/c *I* needed the physical help (I have a physical disability). He thanks me all of the time!

Aiden is "Aiden Christian Oveetuk (Eskimo for "Smiling eyes")" and Lydia is "Lydia Grace. Both are happy little buggers most of the time :D Both help me a lot more than most 4 and 5 year olds might, but they do not mind. They think it is fun ;) I had Aiden taking boxes out to our recycle (by it, not in it) bin in the rain a couple days ago. He thought it was THE best fun. LOL.  Lydia likes helping me do the laundry. She puts it in, I put in the soap and start it. SHE loves pulling it out (and it isn't a front loader) and then I put in the dryer and turn it on. Both kids will pull it out of the dryer into the basket. :) 

Aiden got upset b/c he was sounding something out and put a C instead of an S. I told him it's OK, he is just learning and we all make mistakes. But that lasted about 30 seconds. I should scan the list in. It's in Crayon. LOL.  Now he is drawing me (and cutting out) robots.  

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM

They like strawberry pop tarts. Blech. I can't stand strawberry anything if I can help it!!! Cherry and Raspberry are close second and third :D

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:38 PM
1 mom liked this

lol Mychael always manages to slip in oreos on mine!

manilowgal
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Start em young! Smart move!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

lol I'll take some gingerbread poptarts!!  JK

BL2010
by BL on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM

LMAO... Hey, it's a start!

LACHESIS
by Rachel in AZ on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Do they really make these?? LOL

So we get to WINCO and Aiden starts panicking... he can't find his YIST (list)!! It was in his other pocket *rofl*. He and daddy went shopping. Joey, Lyd and I stayed in the car.
Lydia was being a brat :/ ONCE AGAIN, she did not eat dinner... ugh!! I paid $6 for her not to eat. Of course once we left, she wanted to go to "China" (Chinese), which we had just left.  She is going to be the death of me. >:( I am so not kidding!!

Joey is off to play his game w/friends. Took the van. He hates the stupid Saturn as much as I do! POS car. LOL.  

Quoting starlight1968:

lol I'll take some gingerbread poptarts!!  JK

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)