Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

40ish and beyond... 40ish and beyond...

well if cleanliness is next to goddliness then theres no hope for me

Posted by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
  • 14 Replies
  • 248 Total Views
So after the cleaning frenzy by dh this a m at 7 am! Im putting the hoppin johns together and he asks me to write the mileage down on my car to see if he needsto change the oil on it! So i get down go out write it down he comes back have about another thousand before oil needs done! Pphheewww, i got lucky with that you see my car is a mess with the kids leaving their stuff ( i have roller blades in there from my ds, most times his saxs is in there and his backpack too( yes ive tried to tell him you leave it its mine cant seem to stick with it) i also havebooks in there as i leave a hour before he gets out of school, and stuff in the trunk from xmas ( wrapping paper, lists, something i need to take back when the kids go back to school that i just a soon they not see etc) im i the only one with this problem or do any of you have wisdom for me to help me with this, thank you i hope to turn over a new leaf! Thanks and hugs
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
crazymom729
by Cajun Witch (dealer) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Haha I'm screwed too!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
madmueller
by Sister on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:14 PM
2 moms liked this

haha!

That's my life the past two days!

My husband went thru the house went thru drawers, cabinets, pantry etc. and changed it all to the way that he likes it! I didn't mind, didn't even complain - he did what I wanted to do but now it's done and CLEAN! Like the cleaning company came to my house! New year new clean :)

LFosterfarm
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:47 PM

you know I have no words of wisdom, my excursion looks like hurrican foster went thru it!  I clean it out they put it back in.  and I find the damndest things in there!!!

VTHaven
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:49 PM

Like my house...I like a clean car. I never have stuff piled up in it. I just can't funtion with stuff all over.

namestaken
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Mine Soooo messy. I have to have like 15 warning before someone rides with me to get the Crap out.
RubyQ
by Gold sister on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Just tell each kid they can't leave the car without taking something in each hand out with them. After a few rounds of this, you should be good to go!

sahlady
by It's a jen.thing :) on Jan. 1, 2013 at 6:49 PM
1 mom liked this

you are looking for words of wisdom for your car??

boxes!  the collapsible kind are best.  Each kid needs to put his/her items in a box, you can simply remove the box at the end of the day.  Keep a box up front for your items, take the box in the house with you at the end of the day.

Shari55
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

If we had a car, I know I would use this suggestion ...it is a great one. Each child would have their own color and I thinks some of the collapsable boxes are washable.

Quoting sahlady:

you are looking for words of wisdom for your car??

boxes!  the collapsible kind are best.  Each kid needs to put his/her items in a box, you can simply remove the box at the end of the day.  Keep a box up front for your items, take the box in the house with you at the end of the day.

Shari, wife to John since April 1988, Mom to Heather (Jan. 1977), Nyssa(April 1989) and

Michaela(August 1994)

smile357
by Linda on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Unfortunatly it's mostly my husbands car and hes not a tidy person
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
starlight1968
by 40ish hang out queen on Jan. 1, 2013 at 7:25 PM

oh dear don't look at me...when I had my van I was always cleaning it out...I'm a neat freak in that respect.  Now, with the truck it's so dang small we don't have room for a mess LOL...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)